Hi, there.
嘿,你好。
My name is Emma, and in today's video, I am going to teach you about silent sounds.
我的名字是艾玛,在今天的视频中,我将教你们无声的声音。
So I'm going to teach you about " b" , " d" , and " l" in words where we don't pronounce them.
因此,我将教你关于“b”,“d”和“l”的单词,我们不发音它们。
So, this is a pronunciation video, as well as a spelling video.
所以,这是一个发音视频,也是一个拼写视频。
So, if you have trouble with pronunciation and spelling, this video is for you.
因此,如果您在发音和拼写方面遇到问题,此视频适合您。
So, I'm going to first explain. . .
所以,我将首先解释...
Actually, let's first look at a couple words.
实际上,让我们先来看看几个词。
I have the word, here: " climb" , " Wednesday" , and " Walk" .
我在这里有这个词:“攀登”,“星期三”和“步行”。
These words have something that's the same in all of them.
这些词在所有这些词中都有相同的东西。
They have multiple things that's the same in all of them, but I want you to listen for the pronunciation.
他们有很多相同的东西,但我希望你听听发音。
" Climb" .
"“爬升” 。
Is there something in here we don't pronounce?
这里有什么东西我们不发音吗?
" Climb" .
"“爬升” 。
If you said: " 'b'. We do not pronounce the 'b'" , you are correct.
如果你说:“'b'。我们不发音'b'“,你是对的。
What about " Wednesday" ?
“星期三”呢?
" Wednesday" .
"“星期三” 。
Am I pronouncing the " d" in this?
我是否在这里发音为“d”?
" Wednesday" .
"“星期三” 。
No.
不。
I do not pronounce the " d" .
我不发音“d”。
And what about " walk" ?
那么“走路”呢?
" Walk" .
"“散步” 。
Is there something I'm not pronouncing in this word?
在这个词中有什么我没有发音的东西吗?
" Walk" .
"“散步” 。
Do I pronounce every letter?
我每个字母都发音吗?
No.
不。
" Walk" .
"“散步” 。
Okay, so the " l" . . .
好吧,所以“l”...
If you said: " The 'l'" , I'm not pronouncing the " l" , you're correct.
如果你说:“'l'”,我不是在发音“l”,你是对的。
So, in this video we're going to look at a bunch of words, and we're going to learn some rules with their pronunciation when we don't pronounce these sounds or these letters.
所以,在这个视频中,我们将看看一堆单词,当我们不发音这些声音或这些字母时,我们将学习一些规则和它们的发音。
So let's get started with words like " climb" , the silent " b" .
因此,让我们从“攀登”,无声的“b”这样的词开始。
So, silent " b" means sometimes in a word we do not pronounce a " b" .
所以,无声的“b”意味着有时在一个词中我们不发音“b”。
When is this true?
什么时候是真的?
Well, the first rule with the silent " b" is we don't pronounce " b" when there's an " m" before it.
好吧,带有无声“b”的第一条规则是,当“b”前面有一个“m”时,我们不发音“b”。
So you notice " b" . . .
所以你注意到“b”...
" mb" .
"“mb” 。
If you see an " m" and a " b" right after it, the " b" becomes silent.
如果你看到一个“m”和一个“b”紧跟在它后面,“b”就会变得沉默。
So, we don't ever say: " Clim-b" , no, no, no.
所以,我们从来不会说:“Clim-b”,不,不,不。
We say: " Clime" .
我们说:“高潮”。
For spelling, we have the " b" , but for pronunciation, we don't.
对于拼写,我们有“b”,但对于发音,我们没有。
So, let's look at some other words.
那么,让我们看看其他一些词。
" Dumb" .
"“哑巴” 。
Do you hear a " b" sound in there?
你在那里听到“b”声吗?
" Dumb" .
"“哑巴” 。
No.
不。
So, again, you'll notice there's an " m" and a " b" , we see the " m" , so we know no pronunciation of the " b" sound.
所以,再一次,你会注意到有一个“m”和一个“b”,我们看到“m”,所以我们不知道“b”声音的发音。
For those of you who don't know the word " dumb" , it means the same thing as stupid.
对于那些不知道“愚蠢”这个词的人来说,它意味着与愚蠢相同的东西。
You know, " That man is very dumb" , " That man is very stupid" , they have the same meaning.
你知道,“那个人很笨”,“那个人很笨”,它们都有同样的含义。
Okay, we have another word, here: " comb" .
好的,我们还有另一个词,在这里:“梳子”。
So, " comb" is like you comb your hair in the morning.
所以,“梳子”就像你早上梳头一样。
Do you hear the " b" sound?
你听到“b”声了吗?
" Comb" .
"“梳子” 。
No, there's no " b" sound, because again, we have this " m" , so that means no " b" pronunciation. Okay. You see this?
不,没有“b”音,因为同样,我们有这个“m”,所以这意味着没有“b”发音。好。你看到了吗?
This is a " thumb" .
这是一个“拇指”。
We have our fingers and our thumb.
我们有我们的手指和拇指。
Now, what do you notice in the spelling of this?
现在,你注意到这个拼写的什么?
You're going to notice a pattern, here.
你会注意到一个模式,在这里。
We have " m" , so do we pronounce the " b" ?
我们有“m”,所以我们发音“b”吗?
No, we do not pronounce the " b" .
不,我们不发音“b”。
So, we don't say: " Thum-b" .
所以,我们不说:“Thum-b”。
No.
不。
We say: " Thum" .
我们说:“咚咚” 。
Okay, " bomb" .
好吧,“炸弹”。
If you think about a bomb, an explosion.
如果你想到一枚炸弹,一次爆炸。
Right?
右?
" Bomb" .
"“炸弹” 。
Again, same rule, if you have an " m" , you do not pronounce the " b" .
同样,同样的规则,如果你有一个“m”,你不发音“b”。
So we don't say: " Bom-b" , no.
所以我们不会说:“Bom-b”,不。
We say: " Bom" , and we get rid of this.
我们说:“Bom”,然后我们摆脱了这个。
Okay, the last word we'll look at for " mb" pronunciation: " limb" .
好的,我们将查看“mb”发音的最后一个单词:“肢体”。
So, your limbs are your arms and your legs.
所以,你的四肢是你的胳膊和你的腿。
Okay?
好?
So, arms and legs are the same thing as your limbs.
所以,胳膊和腿和你的四肢是一回事。
Now, do we pronounce the " b" , here?
现在,我们在这里发音“b”吗?
If you said: " No" , you are correct, because as you can see, there's an " m" , so we don't pronounce the " b" .
如果你说:“不”,你是对的,因为正如你所看到的,有一个“m”,所以我们不发音“b”。
Okay, so there's another rule when it comes to " b" pronunciation. Okay. I want you to now look over here.
好吧,所以当涉及到“b”发音时,还有另一条规则。好。我想让你们现在看看这里。
" b" and " t" .
"“b”和“t”。
This word: " debt" .
这个词:“债务”。
Do you hear the " b" in the pronunciation?
你听到发音中的“b”吗?
" Debt" .
"“债务” 。
You shouldn't hear the " b" .
你不应该听到“b”。
I did not pronounce the " b" , because when you have " b" and right after " t" , usually you don't pronounce the " b" .
我没有发音“b”,因为当你有“b”并且紧跟在“t”之后时,通常你不会发音“b”。
There are always exceptions to this rule, but in general, if you see " b" and " t" , usually you do not pronounce the " b" .
这个规则总是有例外,但一般来说,如果你看到“b”和“t”,通常不会发音“b”。
So, " debt" .
所以,“债务”。
I've heard many students say: " De-bt" , and they get really tongue twisted.
我听过很多学生说:“De-bt”,他们真的被绕口令了。
We don't. . .
我们不...
Don't worry about that, because you don't have to pronounce the " b" .
不要担心,因为你不必发音“b”。
Okay, let's look at some of our other words.
好吧,让我们看看我们的其他一些词。
" Doubt" .
"“怀疑” 。
Again, if you like the band No Doubt, okay, with Gwen Stefani, her old band, you don't have to worry because you don't pronounce the " b" , it's just: " Dout" .
再说一遍,如果你喜欢乐队No Doubt,好吧,与她的老乐队Gwen Stefani一起,你不必担心,因为你不发音“b”,它只是:“Dout”。
This word: " subtle" is a word many native speakers make mistakes with, because native speakers actually see the " b" and they really want to say it, but it's incorrect.
这个词:“微妙”是许多母语人士犯错误的词,因为母语人士实际上看到了“b”,他们真的很想说出来,但这是不正确的。
We don't say: " Sub-tle" .
我们不会说:“Sub-tle”。
No.
不。
You don't need to worry about the " b" again because right after it is a " t" , so we can get rid of this.
你不需要再次担心“b”,因为它之后是一个“t”,所以我们可以摆脱它。
" Sutle" , " sutle" , okay?
"“Sutle”,“sutle”,好吗?
So, now let's look at silent d's and when we don't pronounce d's in words.
所以,现在让我们看看静音的d,以及当我们不用单词发音d时。
Okay, so the next sound we're going to look at is when we don't pronounce " d" .
好吧,所以我们要看的下一个声音是当我们不发音“d”时。
So, our first rule about silent " d" is: " D" is not pronounced in. . .
因此,我们关于无声“d”的第一条规则是:“D”在...
When you see spelled " g" and " d" together.
当您看到拼写为“g”和“d”在一起时。
So, for example, there's a job, " judge" , like Judge Judy.
例如,有一份工作,“法官”,就像朱迪法官一样。
It's similar to a lawyer, not exactly.
这类似于律师,不完全是。
But if you know the word " judge" , we don't say: " Jud-ge" , okay?
但是,如果你知道“法官”这个词,我们就不会说:“Jud-ge”,好吗?
We don't pronounce the " d" .
我们不发音“d”。
So, just cross that off: " juge" .
所以,只需划掉它:“juge”。
A lot of these words you might not know.
很多这些词你可能不知道。
That's okay if you don't know these words.
如果您不知道这些单词,那也没关系。
Part of this is just actually learning the rule, so when you do learn these words in the future or you learn other words, you'll know how to pronounce them.
其中一部分只是实际学习规则,所以当你将来学习这些单词或学习其他单词时,你会知道如何发音。
" Hedge" .
"“树篱” 。
A hedge is similar to a bush or, you know, it's not exactly a tree, but it's a type of plant.
篱笆类似于灌木丛,或者,你知道,它不完全是一棵树,但它是一种植物。
" Hedge" , again, you say " d" and " g" together, we don't pronounce the " d" .
"“Hedge”,再次,你一起说“d”和“g”,我们不发音“d”。
" Pledge" .
"“承诺” 。
" Pledge" , again. . .
"“誓言”,再次...
All of these, actually, kind of rhyme.
所有这些,实际上,都是押韵。
You see the " d" and the " g" together, we don't pronounce the " d" .
你看到“d”和“g”在一起,我们不发音“d”。
" Grudge" .
"“怨恨” 。
" Grudge" , same rule, " d" and " g" together.
"“怨恨”,相同的规则,“d”和“g”在一起。
" Gruge" .
"“格鲁格” 。
" Dodge" .
"“躲闪” 。
Okay?
好?
" d" and " g" are together, so we get rid of. . .
"“d”和“g”在一起,所以我们摆脱了...
" Doge" .
"“总督” 。
So, again, if you see " d" and " g" , don't pronounce the " d" .
所以,再一次,如果你看到“d”和“g”,不要发音“d”。
The other time " d" is not pronounced, there are certain words where we don't pronounce the " d" .
另一次“d”不发音,有些单词我们不发音“d”。
I don't know the exact reason why.
我不知道确切的原因。
This probably has to do with the history of the language.
这可能与语言的历史有关。
So, I've given some common words where we just don't pronounce the " d" .
所以,我给出了一些常见的单词,我们只是不发音“d”。
The first one is: " Wednesday" .
第一个是:“星期三”。
Okay?
好?
For days of the week, we don't say: " Wed-nes-day" .
对于一周中的几天,我们不会说:“星期三” 。
We say: " Wensday" .
我们说:“温斯戴” 。
So it's actually two syllable. . .
所以它实际上是两个音节...
Syllables.
音节。
" Wens-day" .
"“文天” 。
" Wensday" .
"“文斯戴” 。
So, actually this " e" you can even take out.
所以,实际上这个“e”你甚至可以拿出来。
" Wensday" .
"“文斯戴” 。
Okay?
好?
Also, if you like to eat sandwiches, you don't need to say: " Sand-wich" , okay?
另外,如果你喜欢吃三明治,你不需要说:“沙子”,好吗?
We say: " Sanwich" .
我们说:“桑维奇” 。
So the " d" is silent.
所以“d”是沉默的。
" Sanwich" .
"“桑维奇” 。
And finally, sometimes you want to talk about, you know, men who are handsome.
最后,有时候你想谈论,你知道,英俊的男人。
And by the way, with this word " handsome" , it kind of means beautiful or pretty, but it's for. . .
顺便说一句,这个词“英俊”,它的意思是美丽或漂亮,但它是为了......
Usually for men.
通常为男性。
We don't usually talk about handsome women.
我们通常不谈论英俊的女人。
That has a bit of a different meaning.
这有一点不同的含义。
So, when we talk about men who are good looking, we use the word " handsome" .
所以,当我们谈论好看的男人时,我们用的是“帅气”这个词。
I know you see the word, here, " hand" , but we don't say: " Hand-some" .
我知道你在这里看到这个词,“手”,但我们不会说:“手-一些”。
We say: " Hansome" , so it's as if this " d" isn't there.
我们说:“Hansome”,所以就好像这个“d”不存在一样。
All right, so that's. . .
好吧,所以这就是...
So we've talked about silent b's and silent d's, now let's look at silent l's.
我们已经谈到了静音的b和静音的d,现在让我们来看看静音的l。
So, " l" is silent in words like: " calm" and " talk" .
因此,“l”在诸如“平静”和“说话”之类的词语中是无声的。
Okay?
好?
So, what's the rule for this?
那么,这有什么规则呢?
When do we not pronounce " l" ?
我们什么时候不发音“l”?
Well, we don't pronounce " l" after " a" , " o" , or " u" .
好吧,我们不会在“a”,“o”或“u”之后发音“l”。
So, after these vowels, we usually don't pronounce " l" , although there always are exceptions.
因此,在这些元音之后,我们通常不发音“l”,尽管总是有例外。
So if you come across a word where you do pronounce it, this is the general rule, and there are exceptions.
因此,如果你遇到一个单词,你确实发音,这是一般规则,也有例外。
So, " calm" .
所以,“冷静”。
This is similar to relax.
这类似于放松。
" c-a-l-m" , we see the " a" here, so as a result: " com" .
"“c-a-l-m”,我们在这里看到的是“a”,所以结果是:“com”。
We don't say: " Ca-lm" .
我们不说:“Ca-lm”。
No.
不。
" Com" .
"“Com” 。
All right.
好吧。
A lot of students, this is a very important word: " talk" .
很多学生,这是一个非常重要的词:“说话”。
A lot of students want to say: " Ta-lk" .
很多学生想说:“Ta-lk”。
" I ta-lked to my friend." We don't pronounce the " l" , so we say: " Tak" .
"“我向我的朋友打了个哆嗦。我们不发音“l”,所以我们说:“Tak”。
Another very important word, okay, we have the " a" , so this means this " l" is silent: " Wak"
另一个非常重要的词,好吧,我们有“a”,所以这意味着这个“l”是无声的:“Wak”。
I know a lot of students have trouble with the pronunciation of " l" , so this is really nice for you because these words you don't have to worry about pronouncing " l" at all.
我知道很多学生对“l”的发音有问题,所以这对你来说真的很好,因为这些单词你根本不用担心发音“l”。
" Half" .
"“一半” 。
So, again, " half" , no " l" because we have the " a" here. Okay. Now, these are our modals: " would" , " should" , " could" .
所以,再一次,“一半”,没有“l”,因为我们这里有“a”。好。现在,这些是我们的模态:“会”,“应该”,“可以”。
" Would" , " should" , " could" .
"“会” , “应该” , “可以” 。
We have " o" and " u" , so afterwards, you don't need to worry about this " l" ; it's silent.
我们有“o”和“u”,所以之后,你不需要担心这个“l”;它沉默了。
So, we say: " Woud" , " shoud" , " coud" .
所以,我们说:“Woud”,“shoud”,“coud”。
Okay?
好?
All right.
好吧。
This word, a lot of people mispronounce.
这个词,很多人发音错误。
It's a type of fish that people like to eat: " salmon" .
这是一种人们喜欢吃的鱼:“鲑鱼”。
A lot of students want to say: " Sal-mon" .
很多学生想说:“Sal-mon”。
" I like sal-mon." Don't worry about the " l" , it's silent.
"“我喜欢萨尔蒙。不要担心“l”,它是沉默的。
" Samon" .
"“萨蒙” 。
Our next word: " folk" , it means people.
我们的下一个词:“民间”,它的意思是人。
If you ever watch President Obama giving a speech, he always used the word " folks" , okay?
如果你看过奥巴马总统的演讲,他总是用“乡亲们”这个词,好吗?
He always says, you know. . .
他总是说,你知道...
He's always talking. . .
他总是在说话...
Instead of the word " people" , he uses the word " folk" which is a little bit more informal.
他没有使用“人民”这个词,而是使用“民间”这个词,这个词有点非正式。
So, with the word " folk" , there is no " l" pronunciation.
所以,有了“民谣”这个词,就没有“l”的发音。
" Fok" .
"“霍克” 。
" Chalk" , same thing.
"“粉笔”,同样的事情。
Again, we have the " a" here, which means no " l" .
同样,我们这里有“a”,这意味着没有“l”。
" Chak" .
"“查克” 。
And I've already explained " could" .
我已经解释了“可以”。
The last word where. . .
最后一句话在哪里...
And there's many, these are just some examples of some common words.
还有很多,这些只是一些常用词的一些例子。
" Calf" .
"“小牛” 。
Okay?
好?
So, a " calf" is a baby cow.
所以,“小牛”就是一头小牛。
For this word, " calf" , you do not need to pronounce the " l" ; it is silent.
对于这个词,“小牛”,你不需要发音“l”;它是沉默的。
All right.
好吧。
So, there are many silent sounds in English which you don't have to pronounce.
因此,英语中有许多无声的声音,您不必发音。
You might see them in the spelling, but just because you see them written does not mean you have to pronounce it.
您可能会在拼写中看到它们,但是仅仅因为您看到它们被写出来并不意味着您必须发音。
So, what I'd like you to do is come visit our website at www. engvid. com, and there you can practice all of these by taking our quiz.
所以,我希望你做的是访问我们的网站 www.engvid.com,在那里你可以通过参加我们的测验来练习所有这些。
There's also other videos on pronunciation, so I highly recommend you visit our website.
还有其他关于发音的视频,所以我强烈建议您访问我们的网站。
Until next time, take care.
再见,保重。
Copyright © 2024 妖气游戏网 www.17u1u.com All Rights Reserved