If my fish could talk
如果我的鱼会说话
I have a goldfish.
我有一条金鱼。
He swims around in his bowl all day.
他整天在碗里游来游去。
He looks bored.
他看起来很无聊。
I look inside the bowl and watch him.
我看着碗里,看着他。
His mouth always moves.
他的嘴总是动。
He looks like he is talking.
他看起来像在说话。
I imagine what my goldfish would say if he really could talk.
我想如果我的金鱼真的会说话,他会说什么。
I think he would say:
我想他会说:
“Hey, I’m bored in this little bowl.
嘿,我在这个小碗里很无聊。
Why don’t you get me a bigger tank with more fish in it?
你为什么不给我一个更大的鱼缸,里面有更多的鱼?
I would like to have some friends to swim around with.”
我想和一些朋友一起游泳。”
I went out and bought a bigger tank for my goldfish.
我出去给我的金鱼买了一个更大的鱼缸。
I put some plants at the bottom of the tank,
我在水箱底部放了一些植物。
and I got a miniature deep-sea diver to put at the bottom of the tank.
我有一个微型深海潜水员放在水池底部。
I looked into the tank and imagined what my goldfish was saying.
我看着鱼缸,想象着我的金鱼在说什么。
He seemed to be saying:
他似乎在说:
“This is a nice tank.
这是一个漂亮的鱼缸。
It’s roomy in here, and you decorated it well,
这里很宽敞,你装饰得很好。
but I still don’t have any friends to swim with.”
但我仍然没有任何朋友可以一起游泳。”
I went to the pet store and bought three more goldfish.
我去宠物店又买了三条金鱼。
I put them into the tank.
我把他们放进了鱼缸里。
All of the goldfish seemed to look at each other.
所有的金鱼似乎都在看着对方。
They swam near each other and seemed to be playing games.
他们游得很近,好像在玩游戏。
I knew which one was my goldfish because he has a black spot on his fin.
我知道哪条是我的金鱼,因为它的鳍上有一个黑点。
I looked at him, and imagined that he was talking again.
我看着他,想象着他又在说话了。
He said:
他说:
“This is great!
“这太棒了!
I have a big new home and friends to swim with.
我有一个大的新家并且有朋友一起游泳了。
These are nice goldfish that you brought home for me; thank you.”
这些是你为我带回家的好金鱼;谢谢你。”
Goldfish can’t really talk.
金鱼不会说话。
I know that.
我知道。
I just like to pretend that my goldfish talks.
我只是想假装我的金鱼会说话。
He seems very happy now with his nice new home, and his new friends.
有了自己漂亮的新家和新的朋友,他看起来很高兴。
I don’t think goldfish can smile either, but it looks like my goldfish has a smile on his face.
我认为金鱼也不会笑,但看起来我的金鱼脸上有笑容。
,