Thank you wherever you are and thank you, David, for all that you do for UNICEF.
谢谢你们,无论你们身在何处,谢谢你,大卫,感谢你为联合国儿童基金会所付出的一切。
You've been such an inspiration to me in my work as a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador.
在我担任联合国儿童基金会亲善大使的过程中,你一直在激励着我。
Like you, I'm in this for the long haul.
同你一样,我也长期从事这份工作。
In 2016 when I was 12 years old, I took part of the UNICEF 70th anniversary celebrations here at the UN.
2016年,在我12岁的时候,我参加了联合国儿童基金会70周年庆典。
I'll never forget it.
那段经历让我永生难忘。
Now, three years later, it's great to be back with David to mark another milestone, the 30th Anniversary of the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
现在,三年过去了,我非常高兴能重返这里,和大卫一起,纪念另一块里程碑似的存在,那就是颁布时间已有30周年的《儿童权利公约》。
In world capitals in buildings like this, adults talk about children's rights.
在世界各国的首都,在这样的建筑里,成年人谈论儿童权利。
But today, young people don't want to be talked about.
但今天,年轻人可不想被谈论。
We want to do the talking.
我们想自己发声。
Millions of people responded to UNICEF surveys and petitions about what the Convention on the Rights of the Child meant to them.
数百万人对联合国儿童基金会的调查和请愿书做出了回应,纷纷表达了《儿童权利公约》对他们的意义。
In the words of one young person, "Be an active voice."
引用一位年轻人的话,“要积极发声。”
"Don't let things go unnoticed."
“不要让问题被忽视。”
So, today, I want to talk about an issue that is very personal to me— something that so often goes unnoticed, but causes real suffering—bullying.
所以今天,我想谈一个对我来说非常私人的问题——也是一个经常被忽视的,但却带来了真正的痛苦的问题——霸凌。
Like David, I've been very lucky in my life.
和大卫一样,我这一生非常幸运。
I take nothing for granted.
我认为没有什么是理所当然的。
But I also know what it feels like to be vulnerable.
但我也很清楚那种脆弱的感觉。
At school, I was bullied by a group of students.
上学的时候,我曾被一群学生欺负。
I remember feeling helpless.
我记得当时的我非常无助。
You know, school used to be a safe place and now I was scared to go.
学校于我而言,曾经是一个安全的地方,而在那时,我却害怕去上学。
I didn't know who I could trust or who I could turn to.
我不知道我可以相信谁,也不知道我可以向谁求助。
Like millions of other girls around the world, I've also been bullied and harassed online.
和全世界其他数百万名女孩一样,我也在网上遭遇过欺凌和*扰。
It's a terrifying feeling to look at your phone and see that messages that people are sending you are filled with anger hate and even threats.
看着手机上别人发给你的信息充满了愤怒、仇恨甚至是威胁,这种感觉是相当可怕的。
So many of these are strangers and anonymous trolls on the Internet.
其中很多都是陌生人和互联网上的匿名巨魔。
And like all bullies, they gain their power by taking power away from others by making them feel scared and helpless as I did.
就像所有的恶霸一样,他们通过夺走别人的权力来获得力量,让别人感到害怕和无助,就像我一样。
I was lucky with the help of my friends, family, and people around me.
我很幸运能有朋友、家人和周围人的帮助。
I was able to overcome at these negative feelings and take my power back.
这让我能够克服这些负面情绪,夺回属于自己的力量。
But millions of children aren't so lucky.
但数百万的孩子就没那么幸运了。
They're still struggling in the darkness, wrestling with fear with insecurity.
他们仍在黑暗中挣扎,与恐惧和不安全感搏斗。
Bullying and online threats are never harmless, never just was.
霸凌和网络威胁带来了非常大的危害,无论是在过去,还是在现在。
It puts children's mental health at risk.
它危及着儿童的心理健康。
It causes stress and in the most extreme cases and in areas around the world where conflict and violence are daily threats, it can lead to self-harm, sickness, and even suicide.
它也带来了压力,在最极端的情况下,在那些每天都被冲突和暴力威胁的世界上的其它地区,它还会导致自残、疾病甚至是自*情况的出现。
Today at UNICEF, I talked a lot about kindness, about how we can shape positive environments in schools, and how we can support each other online.
今天,我在联合国儿童基金会谈了很多关于仁慈的话题,关于我们在学校该如何去营造一个积极的环境,以及我们在网上应该如何去相互支持。
I'm convinced that social media doesn't have to be a place of fear, bullying, and harassment.
我坚信,社交媒体不一定是一个充满恐惧、欺凌和*扰的地方。
It can bring people together.
它可以把人们团结在一起。
It can be a place of love and support.
它可以是一个充满爱与支持的地方。
Somewhere in the world right now, a teenage girl is being bullied online.
现在,在世界的某个角落,一个十几岁的女孩正遭遇着网络暴力。
She's scared, she's vulnerable, she feels alone.
她很害怕,她也很脆弱,她感到孤独。
My message to her is this: you are not alone, there are people who care about you, and there are people who will listen if you reach out for help.
我想告诉她的是:你并不孤单,有人会关心你,有人会倾听你的求助。
You have rights.
你有权利。
In my role as a Goodwill Ambassador, I will continue talking about this wherever I go.
作为儿童亲善大使,无论我走到哪里,我都会继续探讨这个主题。
I will take every opportunity to spread the word about how we can end bullying online and off.
我将利用一切机会去宣传我们如何才能结束网上和现实生活中的欺凌行为。
But I'm not alone about speaking about children's rights.
在为儿童权利发声的这一项事业中,我并不是孤身一人。
I'm joined by tens of thousands of other young people from every part of the world, demanding to be heard.
来自世界各地的成千上万的年轻人也加入了我的行列中,要求得到倾听。
In September in this very building, Greta Thunberg, a 16-year-old girl, told world leaders an uncomfortable truth.
在今年9月份,就在这栋大楼里,一名16岁的女孩格丽塔·图恩伯格,向世界各国*讲述了一个令人不安的事实。
She told them that the adults of the world had failed to act on climate change.
她向他们反映,世界上的成年人并没有对气候变化采取行动。
And she's carrying that message around the world.
她将这一信息带到了世界各地。
And now Greta's message is being echoed every Friday when thousands of young people leave their classrooms to protest the world in action to climate change.
现在,每周五都会有成千上万名年轻人离开教室,向世界抗议气候变化。
Young people like her are shouting for world leaders to hear, to listen, and to act.
像她这样的年轻人正在大声疾呼,希望世界*能听到呼声并采取措施。
Every one of you here today can be the loudspeaker that turns our voices into real change, into policies, programs, laws, and investments that keep children safe, that make our world a better, healthier, stronger place for all.
今天在座的每一位都可以成为宣传者,从而将我们的声音落实到实处,转化为保护儿童安全的政策、计划、法律与针对此项事业的投资,这让我们的世界变得更加美好,更加健康,也更加强大。
30 years ago, Audrey Hepburn reminded us the power of the rights protected in the convention.
30年前,奥黛丽·赫本就已提醒过我们公约里所受保护的权利的力量。
These rights matter, they are eternal, but they are not automatic.
这些权利是重要的,永恒的,但不是自动就会出现的。
It's up to all of us to bring these rights to life.
我们所有人都有责任将这些权利变为现实。
On this World Children's Day, let's be mindful of Audrey's words and carry her commitment forward.
值此世界儿童日之际,让我们铭记奥黛丽的话语,并将她的承诺发扬光大。
The children of the world are asking you to stand with us, listen to us, and renew your promises to the world's children.
世界儿童要求你们与我们站在同一战线,聆听我们的心声,重申你们对全世界儿童的承诺。
Thank you.
谢谢
,