看电影学英语,100LS训练法零基础掌握英语,附上中英对照剧本

看电影学英语,100LS训练法零基础掌握英语,附上中英对照剧本

首页休闲益智throw it out更新时间:2024-05-09

现在流行看电影学英语,今天看的电影是风雨哈佛路。看它一百遍就能学会英语了吗?确实对听力口语提高很大,当然你要能坚持,还要方法得当。下面附上中英对照剧本,可复制打印。至于电影网上自己搜索看吧。

Homeless to Harvard 2003 Scripts【风雨哈佛路】中英对照剧本

1--I loved my mother so much 我非常爱我的妈妈

2--She was a drug addict 她吸毒

3--She was an alcoholic 也酗酒

4--She was legally blind 基本失明

5--She was a schizophrenic 她还患有精神分裂症

6--but I never forgot that she loved me 但是我决不会忘记她爱我

7--even if she did it 即使她忘记了

8--all the time 一直如此

9--all the time 一直如此

10--all the time 一直如此

11--Lisa, give me the money! It's mine!丽萨 给我钱 它是我的

12--God, it's mine!上帝啊 那是我的

13--Who's Saint Donalson.谁是圣 丹诺森

14--Where is it?它在哪儿

15--Give it to me!快给我

16--What is epidermis.什么是表皮层

17--What is the epidermis. Correct!什么是表皮层 正确

18--Give it to me!快给我

19--Let go, mom!快放手 妈妈

20--I gave a hundred to you!我分给你一百块

21--Just come, I gave 100 to you!别跑 我分给你一百块

22--to one of you!你们一人一百块

23--We're forced to live on!我们还要生活呢

24--Every month! It is ...It's...It's the same damn thing!每个月 老是这样

25--What is genus.什么是菌属

26--You can put it in your arms,你把它们全拿去吸毒了

27--so we can starve!我们就可以挨饿了

28--It's mine!是我的

29--I didn't take it! Give it to me!我根本没有拿 把它给我

30--What is Denmark?什么是丹麦王国

31--Give it to me! It's mine!给我 是我的

32--It's mine!是我的

33--We're hungry.我们饿了

34--I can't ! We need food, mom!我不能给你 我们需要食物 妈妈

35--What did you ever do for me, huh?!你们为我做过什么

36--I gave you life!我给了你们生命

37--Tell me go out to the street and sell myself for it? huh?你想让我当妓女吗 让我去卖身吗

38--Do you want me to do it?你想让我那么做吗

39--I know I do it sometimes, right?我知道我会这么做的

40--Come on, jinny, what are you saying?别这样 姬恩 你在说什么啊

41--She doesn't need to do that!她当然不用这么做了

42--Oh, My God!噢 上帝

43--I need it.我需要它

44--I need it.我需要它

45--I need it.我需要它

46--What is Medina?什么是玛蒂娜

47--Who's Guerra Champion?谁是格拉勇士

48--I wanted that smile. Oh, god!我需要那个微笑 哦上帝

49--I wanted that smile so much!我是多么需要那个微笑啊

50--I was pathetic, wasn't I?我很可怜 不是吗

51--Don't take the aqueduct! Mummy!别拿那个 妈咪

52--Daddy!爸

53--Who is Carl Deniel 谁是卡尔 德尼尔

54--She taking the aqueduct!她拿着管子

55--What the hell difference does it make?那又有什么区别

56--She'll get mugged!她全拿走了

57--Who cares!那又怎么样

58--Dad, we'll cop her, if we can't she'll get mugged!爸 快走 我们不能看着她全拿走

59--Always a big production!真是个大麻烦

60--Who's noel Coward?谁是诺埃尔·考沃德

61--See they fixed the light for a change.你看他们把灯泡修好了

62--Not easy to break them again.过不久就又被打破了

63--No, no, no. She's OK, see the water runs downhill.不不不 她还行 你看水到这停止了

64--There's no water.那儿没什么水

65--No, no. Don't you know what aqueduck is?不不不 你不知道沟渠是什么吗

66--The aqueduct carried water to New York City 沟渠是用来给纽约运水的

67--for like over a hundred years they did that.一百多年都是这么弄的

68--And they close it down,然后关闭了

69--but now the ghost water, right? He carried your mother along.但是现在鬼水把*妈困住了

70--My father,我父亲

71--you could sit down on a couch and talk to my father.你可以坐下来跟我父亲聊天

72--you just can't talk to him for long.但你总是不会跟他谈太久

73--Hey, Jean!嘿 姬恩

74--He knew so much. He got all the answers right on JEOPERDY.他懂很多东西 正确答案随口即出

75--He was a genius,他是个天才

76--every answer, every time.每一个回答 每一次都是(正确的)

77--That's the thing.就是那样

78--Your parends are your Gods.你的父母是你的上帝

79--I look to them as an example of what I should find everywhere on the world 就象全世界所有的普通父母一

80--They paid so little attention to my needs 他们很少关心我的需要

81--but then I felt that 但是却让我觉的

82--their needs were so powerful that ...他们的需要是如此强烈

83--It didn't make me feel hurt or angry that 以至于当他们不关心我时

84--they didn't look into me.都没让我感到伤害或者愤怒

85--because I felt OK.因为我觉得能够承受

86--This just must to be the human condition to be so.可能人类就是这样的

87--and then the world came in.然后事情就来了

88--You took my husband, you little busterd,你抢走了我的丈夫 你这个小混蛋

89--I'll kill you.我要*了你

90--No, mummy 不 妈咪

91--I'm not your mother. I did your favour.我不是*妈 我帮了你

92--I shouldn't have trail on you!真不该生下你

93--help me clean up this Liz.赶快把这里清理了 丽丝

94--They see this they're gonna take us, too.他们见了会把我们也带走的

95--No! No! No! It's my house.不 不 不 这是我的房子

96--Don't take me! Get out!别带我走 走开

97--No! Don't take!不 别带我走

98--No fasten!别激动

99--What happened to the window?窗户怎么了

100--She threw the cat out.她把窗轴扔了

101--such you on fire, don't take me ...你想带我走 别管我

102--Come on, Jean.别这样 姬恩

103--Why don't take a medication? Good girl!为什么你不接受治疗呢 好女孩

104--She takes it! She just takes too many other things on top of it...她只是其它的接受太多了

105--OK, OK.好 好

106--This place is a mess!真是够乱的

107--What happened here?这是怎么回事

108--I fell down.没什么

109--Oh, oh, oh. Jean! Put the knife down 喔喔喔 姬恩 把刀放下

110--OK, OK.好的 好的

111--All right. Where's the phone?好吧 电话在哪里

112--we don't have one!我们没有电话

113--this woman doesn't fit 这个女人不合适

114--You're kidding 你说笑吧

115--You girls have choice.你们有选择的

116--clean this place up, help your mother.把这里打扫干净 帮帮*妈

117--How about my father?那我爸爸呢

118--Ignore her. She's a ... She's a feminist.别理她 她是个女权主义者

119--I can take you any time I want.我随时能把你带走

120--You keep skipping school.你一直在逃学

121--You keep living like the animals.你们活的就像肮脏的动物一样

122--Hey Hey where are you going?嘿 嘿 你去哪儿

123--come back here. come back.你去哪儿 回来 回来

124--You're gonna go to a home.你要生活在一个家庭里

125--Do you know what home is like?你知道"疯房子"什么样吗

126--There are girls.那儿的女孩

127--They'll be to dult take everything you have.会打你并且带走你的一切东西

128--you can't have anything! you have to clean bathrooms.你一点东西都不会有 你得刷厕所

129--you'll work there if you don't work here.你在那边工作 你在家里不用工作的

130--back up! back up.后退 后退

131--It's not a show! You got nothing better to do huh?这不是看戏 去干你们自己的事吧

132--Mummy?妈咪

133--Mummy?妈咪

134--Mummy?妈咪

135--Couldn't they see?难道他们看不到吗

136--Anyone could see.谁都能看到

137--She was in so much pain.她承受着巨大的痛苦

138--There were struggles so much on the surface so there 多明显的挣扎 就在那里

139--if anyone cared to look 如果有人会看的话

140--It wasn't like she was running off from 并不是她不想

141--being a good mother to somebody else...成为一个好妈妈

142--She just didn't have any more to give.只是她再没有什么能给予的了

143--Oh, somebody stinks!真难闻

144--What is that?谁啊

145--I was always the smelly kid in class.我在班里是个"有味道"的孩子

146--Lisa stood on the bucket shower,我们用水桶接水淋浴

147--but daddy laughed at her doing,爸爸嘲笑说

148--said she had to marry a doctor 他必须跟一个医生结婚

149--she has so many expectations.医生要求很多

150--I didn't have any expectations.而我没有太多要求

151--so therefore, I guess, I stunk.所以 我身上有味

152--I scratched for lice, and burn between my legs 我的腿很痒 两腿间烧的难受

153--My teachers were always telling not to finch it.我的老师告诉我别去挠它

154--and my underwear. I didn't know what to do about underwear.内裤 我不知道该怎么对待内裤

155--I just wore it until it fell apart.直到内裤破了之前我一直穿着它

156--All right! people! thank you! rest is over.好啦 孩子们 谢谢你们 休息结束

157--My teeth ached. I was hungry.我的牙发痒 我很饿

158--settle! thank you!谢谢你们 快坐好

159--The teacher's words never seemed to reach me.老师的话好像传不到我这里一样

160--Words just seemed... fall on the floor.那些话就好像掉到地上一样

161--Hold me the test. There's no point that ...把你的试卷给我

162--no, I'll take it.不 我要做

163--but you've been here what? for 3 times this month?你一个月来几次 3 次

164--no, I'll take it. It doesn't look that hard.不 我要做 看起来没那么难

165--Oh, Liz, stay here.丽丝 你留下来

166--You do smell, you know?你真的有味道 知道吗

167--Doesn't your mother tell you that you gonna ...*妈没告诉你

168--no no It's my fault. I just forget.不 不 是我的错 我只是忘了

169--OK, well, when you wanna have shower tonight,好的 今天晚上你洗澡的时候

170--you wanna, you wanna wash back here?能把后边洗洗吗

171--Ah, I've been saving some things for you.嗯 我看到一些你的东西

172--there 这个

173--and here. How did you do that?和这个 你是怎么做到的

174--You're never in school.你都没来过学校

175--I read a lot.我读了很多书

176--Yeah? what do you read?你都读什么了

177--The Encyclopedia.像《百科全书》

178--The lady of the upstairs, Eva,楼上的女士伊瓦

179--she find it in the Dumpster, the whole set ...她找到了这些书 一套书

180--well, except for the Erdos 不过没有《俄代斯》

181--If you asked me about Erdos,如果你问过《俄代斯》的话

182--I would have got it wrong.我肯定什么都答不上来

183--I was just lucky.我只是比较运气罢了

184--Oh, Lizzy! You have to come to school.好吧 丽丝 你必须到学校来

185--OK 好的

186--no, I mean it.不 我是认真的

187--look, it's ridiculous you're way too smart not to be here.你比你想象的要聪明

188--I don't understand why don't you come?我不明白为什么不

189--I will.我会来的

190--How could I tell her that school made me sad.我怎么能告诉她学校让我感到难过

191--I didn't know how to talk to her.我不知道怎么跟她说

192--I didn't know how to talk to anyone.我不知道怎么跟任何人说

193--My house wasn't a place 我的家庭不是那种

194--you could come out of and be normal.你能走出来像个普通人一样的地方

195--We have to come every day. OK?你必须每天都来 好吗

196--If you don't, and I will call CHILD WELFARE.如果你不来 我会给管理部门打电话

197--That's not a threat. It's a promise.这不是吓唬你 这是个承诺

198--Eva, look what I've got.伊瓦 看我拿的是什么

199--100 !100 分

200--Yes, encyclopedia 是啊 《百科全书》

201--Good, you gotta make good marks. You don't wanna be an idot.很好 你得到了高分 你可不能落后

202--and you keep up now, you hear me?你要努力加油 知道吗

203--now your mother's back.现在*妈也回来了

204--My mother's back?我妈回来了

205--Well, we had a nice quiet couple of months,嗯 我们过了两个安静平淡的月份

206--didn't we?不是吗

207--The only good thing about my mother 我妈妈被带走的唯一好处

208--being taking away to the nut house was 就是她又回来了

209--that when she came back she was my mum again.她又是我的妈妈了

210--She cooked and she cleaned 做饭 打扫房间

211--more than she even to be a court sonographer.甚至学习如何做点好吃的

212--for me, that was a good quiet couple of months 对我来说 那是两个安静平淡的月份

213--before the drugs came back in.之后毒品又回到家庭了

214--Mummy?妈咪

215--Mummy?妈咪

216--Mummy?妈咪

217--Lizzy.丽丝

218--Are you OK?你还好吗

219--I'm OK.我挺好的

220--pumpkin, you look real good.上帝啊 你长得真快

221--glad you're home, mummy.真高兴你又回来了

222--you're glad you're home?你觉得高兴吗

223--This hospital won't too bad.嗯 医院也不是很糟糕

224--It's too green, the walls.墙太绿了

225--and there were bars on the windows.而且窗户上还有栏杆

226--I'm sorry. you had to say that, you know.对不起 医院就是这样

227--but I'm glad you're home.我真高兴你又回来了

228--look!看

229--look! I...I got 100!看 我得了 100 分

230--no no. 100 is good.不 不 100 分是好的意思

231--100 is perfect.100 分是满分

232--Didn't you ever get 100?你没得过 100 分吗

233--I ain't go to school.我没上过学

234--I ran away too young.我出走的时候年龄很小

235--Don't you ever run away from home.你千万不能离家出走

236--I won't 我不会的

237--Liz, I'll always be here for you.记住 我会一直在这里守护你的

238--I know, mummy.我知道 妈咪

239--I'll always be here. ALWAYS.我一直都在这里 一直都在

240--I know, mummy.我知道 妈咪

241--I'm sick. I'm sick. I'm sick.我得病了 我得病了 我得病了

242--Liz, I... I have AIDS.我有爱滋病

243--no no 不 不

244--no no no 不 不 不

245--baby don't 孩子 不要

246--They say... don't be afraid.他们说 不用害怕

247--They say... I might...他们说 我可能

248--they say I could live forever, OK?我能一直活下去 好吗

249--but I can't live here.我不能住在这里

250--I gotta go home.我必须要回家了

251--This is home.这就是你的家

252--no, home to my pop's. I wanna take you and Lisa.到我爸爸的家里 我想也带你过去

253--no no mom. you have to stay here.不 不 妈妈 你要待在这里

254--I can't stop the drugs.我停不了吸毒

255--and I can't do it when your daddy around.我也受不了你爸爸在身边

256--but you'll be alone.但是你会孤单的

257--Liz, this is aready gonna over,丽丝 这么说会没完的

258--just pack up your things and let's go.把你的东西收拾好 咱们走

259--No, you said pop's gonna beat you.不 你说爷爷打你

260--You said he raped your sister.你说他强奸了姐姐

261--since what it has to be now.你在这里就是这样

262--No, stay here 不 留在这里

263--I can't.我办不到

264--Stay mummy!留下吧 妈妈

265--Everything was falling apart.事情变的四分五裂

266--I thought if I could stay I could stop it.我以为我留下就能阻止这些

267--but if I stayed,我以为如果我留下的话

268--everything would somehow stay the same.所有的情况都会回复到从前的

269--Just open the door. It's no use. We know you're in there.把门开开 我知道你在里面呢

270--Where's your mother and sister?*妈和姐姐呢

271--They are gone.她们离开了

272--Where's your father?你爸爸呢

273--He's gotta get some food, he'll be right back.他去弄点吃的 马上就回来

274--Your teacher called.你的老师打电话了

275--You're still not going to school.你还是没去学校

276--You're never in school.你从来都没去过学校

277--We gotta do something about this.我们得采取些措施了

278--Miss Wonder warned you, I warned you,汪德小姐警告过你 我警告过你

279--every one year case workers warned you 每个知晓的工作人员(社会义工)

280--This's been going out for years 这都一年时间了

281--We all said clean up this place and go to school.我告诉过你把这里收拾干净 去上学

282--clean up and go to school 收拾干净 去上学

283--You have done neither one of them, have you?你都没办到 是不是

284--Elizabeth, have you?伊丽莎白 是不是

285--no 没有

286--So what we gonna do?那我们该怎么办

287--I don't know.我不知道

288--I do.我知道

289--You're going into the system.你到姐妹收容所

290--I'm taking her.我要带走她

291--but but things are better now.不 不 但是事情现在好转多了

292--My daddy buys me big potatos everyday 爸爸每天都给我买土豆

293--You're not paying the rent. You're not getting her to school.你没有交房租 你没让她去上学

294--I tell her to go. I told you to go to school.我告诉过她去上学 我告诉过她

295--She's gotta mind of her own. She's a feminist.她有她自己的主义 她是个女权主义者

296--This is not a joking matter.这可不是开玩笑的事

297--Pack her suitcase.给她准备行李

298--now!现在

299---no no no -I'm sorry.-不 不 不 -哦 对不起

300--I'll go to school. Please!我去上学 我去上学 求你了

301--This isn't working. We need an adult who's responsible.这没用 我们需要一个负责任的监护人

302--My grandpa's responsible.我爷爷会负责的

303--My grandpa'll take me.我爷爷会收留我的

304--My sister's there.我姐姐在那里

305--Your sister goes to school.你姐姐可是去上学的

306--I'll go to school, I'll go to school. Please!我去上学 我去上学 求你了

307--Don't make a fass.别再胡闹了

308--I'll talk to him. and if he'll take you.我会跟他谈谈 如果他收留你

309--You'll be out in 24 hours.你 24 小时之内就会出来的

310--I'm sorry.对不起

311--and if he won't?如果他不收留我呢

312--You'll have time to 那你就有时间

313--figure out how you wanna live your life.好好计划一下了以后的生活了

314--Figure out my life. Do people really do that?计划我的生活 人们真的这么做吗

315--Do they do that while they are falling down 当他们跌进一个黑色深坑里

316--into a deep dark hole.他们真的还会为这些事烦恼吗

317--buzzed in, locked in.叮叮声门铃 走进去

318--It was like visiting my mother.就好像去看我妈妈

319--only I was in the crazy house now.只是现在是我在精神病院里

320--and I didn't get out in 24 hours,我 24 小时内并没有出去

321--I didn't get out in 24 days.24 天内没有出去

322--no one wanted me. They just left me there.没人想要我 我被遗弃了

323--Why don't you go to school?你为什么不去学校

324--That's the big problem we've got here.这是个很严重的问题

325--Why don't you go?为什么你不去

326--From what I can see, you've got a discipline problem.从我看来 你有纪律问题

327--Liz?丽丝

328--Hi, pops 你好 爷爷

329--You get your mother.我叫*妈

330--Jean, come out here. She's here.姬恩 出来 她来了

331--I'm leaving for school, but I wanna see you first.我得去学校了 但我想先见见你

332--Thanks, Lisa.谢谢 利萨

333--Don't screw this up. We're doing OK.别搞砸了 我们过的还好

334--and don't expect too much. She's dying.而且 不要期望太多 她离死不远了

335--Lizzy!丽丝

336--mom 妈妈

337--When I think of my life.当我回想我的生命时

338--This is the time I like to think of.这是我喜欢回忆起的时刻

339--When I got back. When mother's mind was clear.我回来了 我妈妈的精神很正常

340--There was no cocaine. so her schizophrenic seemed about to working.没有毒品 也不再精神分裂

341--and we go to the cafe, and sit, and talk, and eat hamburgers.我们去咖啡馆 坐下聊聊 吃汉堡

342--We were together.当时我们在一块

343--Even with her bad eyes,虽然她的眼睛视力不太好

344--I think she could see me.我认为她能看见我

345--Well, she could see my outline.至少她能看到我的轮廓

346--and for a while, I had my mother again.那么一段时间 我妈妈又回来了

347--and we went to park. Yeah, I remember.我们去过公园 我记得

348--We used to side down that hill, remember?我们以前还拿硬纸板当垫子

349--you put down that old card borad we pretend it was slide.从山上滑下来

350--You remember that?你还记得

351--How about the tickle monster.我是个怪兽

352--Well, we screemed and laughed about that one.我们当时喊了半天

353--I was a good mom, wasn't I?我以前是个好妈妈 不是吗

354--Wasn't I?不是吗

355--Yeah, mom, sure, you were fine.是 妈妈 当然 你当时很好

356--well, I'm real glad we were all together,我记得 以前你和我在一块

357--you know. you and me and Lisa 还有利萨

358--What if dad went off drugs too.如果爸爸能戒掉毒品的话

359--Wouldn't it be great?不是更好吗

360--Maybe we could even go back to the university avenue.我们甚至能回到大学街的家

361--Yeah...your dad.耶 你爸爸

362--He's in a shelter right now.他现在一个收容所

363--I'm afraid that he lost the apartment.我恐怕他没有公寓了

364--He can not even order the rend, so...从来没付过房租 所以

365--What about my stuff?那我的东西呢

366--got thrown out 被扔掉了

367--all of it, even my encyclopedias?包括所有的东西

368--look, pumpkin, I'm really sorry,我真的很对不起

369--you know, they boardered the whole place.但是他们把整个地方都封了

370--There was nothing we could do.我们什么也做不了

371--Just, you know, crap happends, I mean.你知道 糟糕的事情就这么发生的

372--look, you know, I gotta go around the corner and see a few friends.我得到街角去见几个朋友

373--Just for a minute, OK?很快的 好吗

374--You finish your burger, and ...你把你的汉堡吃完

375--and I'll be right back.我马上就回来

376--just be a minute. baby.就等一会 宝贝

377--so that was that. no going back.所以里面就那样 不可能回去了

378--I hadn't kept anything together.我过去什么都没有留下来

379--I've only made things worse.只是事情更糟糕了

380--If I would only go to school.我只能去学校了

381--If I would only... If I would only.好像是我唯一能去的了 唯一能去的

382--so, that part of my life was over.那么我那部分的生活结束了吗

383--I guessed the new part had began.我想新生活已经开始了

384--Elizabeth Murray?伊丽莎白 玛丽亚

385--and you're her mother?你是她的妈妈

386--I'll take you to your class now.我会带你去你的教室的

387--Are you gonna get home OK?你回家没问题吗

388--Yeah, I'm gonna see my buddies, you know,是的 我只是去见我的朋友们

389--they could take care of me.她们会照顾我的

390--Maybe I should just come with you.可能我该跟你一块走

391--You gotta stay in the school.你知道学校有规定的

392--They will take you away again, just go go.你不能跟我一块走 走吧 走吧

393--so we have nouns, verbs. Chris?那我们这里有纳斯 波斯 克里斯

394--adjective and preposition 埃及斯 迪辛

395--I wasn't the smelly kid any more.我再也不是最难闻的学生了

396--I've learned to shower every day at the group home.我学会了每天洗澡

397--and my clothes, even if 我的衣服虽然是

398--they came from the thrift shop, all fit.从二手商店买的 都还合适

399--but I still didn't know how to be in school.但是我还是不知道该怎么待在学校

400--I still didn't know how to be normal.我还是不知道该怎么跟个平常人一样

401--People, can we try to settle down?大家能不能静一下

402--Chris, would you like to try diagram no. 12?克里斯 你想读读第十二段对话吗

403--no 不

404--Bobie?博比

405--You find it amusing, Miss.你觉得那很好笑吗

406--Elizabeth?伊丽莎白

407--Please don't call me that.请不要那么叫我

408--It's your name according to these forms.根据表格看那是你的名字

409--Liz or Lizzy 叫我丽丝或者丽兹

410--Liz or Lizzy is a nick name.丽丝或者丽兹是昵称

411--are nick names.都是昵称

412--no, I'm afraid not.不 我想恐怕不是

413--Jesus, call the girl she wants to be called.上帝啊 就照她说的叫不就完了

414--Elizabeth is a fine name. the name of a queen.伊丽莎白是个好名字 是女皇的名字

415--The Elizabeth's age was the age of Shakespeare.是莎士比亚时代的词

416--What's your problem with it?有什么问题

417--My mother calls me Elizabeth, when she's going insane.我妈发狂的时候就叫我伊丽莎白

418--Liz then.那就叫丽丝吧

419--Bobie, the sentence.博比 句子是

420--so where did you go to school before this.那你以前在哪里上学

421--I didn't 我没上过学

422--How did you fall in here?那你干什么呢

423--I was at the group home.我以前在收容所长大

424--Is that freaky?那里很奇怪吗

425--Yeah 是的

426--but you're not a freak 但是你可不是个怪人

427--no 不是

428--It's too bad. I am.太糟糕了 我是的

429--My birthday's coming up.我的生日快到了

430--Yeah? When?是吗 什么时候

431--Ah, you'll know 你会知道的

432--I'm gonna wear my dad's trunch coat 我会穿上爸爸的军大衣

433--I'm gonna come to school with nothing on, but my trunch coat,我会光着身子到学校就穿个军大衣

434--and a pair boots 剃个光头

435--from far show all the teachers. Happy Birthday.老远处亮给老师看 生日快乐

436--You don't believe me?你不相信我吗

437--Yeah, I do.没有 我相信

438--no, you don't.不 你不相信

439--Ha Ha Ha check it out.哈 哈 哈 快看那

440--Don't throw it out before me 别再在我面前这么做了

441--I won't.我不会的

442--It's a great place, I never had so comfort before.这个地方不错 我从来没有这么舒服过

443--My grandfather is a little crankie 我爷爷挺奇怪的

444--we'll have to be out by 6 by the way 顺便说一下 我们待有六个人

445--Liz, I'm waiting for the phone, those contest things.丽丝 我正等个电话呢

446--She never gonna win.她绝对不会赢的

447--OK, you know what. shut up.好吧 你知道吗 闭嘴

448--I don't care. I just gotta dial his number before I forget it.我 先找找号码

449--Do you understand the theorem?你们这些人就不能安静点吗

450--come on bob! give it a wrest the test isn't till like a week 博比 省省吧 考试还有一周呢

451--Hey, can I just have that chicken for lunch.嘿 我先给你们弄点吃的吧

452--sure 当然

453--Is this already?已经来了吗

454--some drunk lady.一个喝醉的女人

455--Oh, she'll drain on the door.她会把门弄坏的

456--oh, I'm going out the window.我先到窗户外面

457--I don't feel very good. Could you help me, please?我觉得不太舒服 你能帮帮我吗

458--Oh, here she blows.哦 她就在这儿吐了

459--all right, up 好吧 站起来

460--I'm a good mom. I just need a hug,我是个坏妈妈 我只是想来一针

461--I want a hug.哦 上帝

462--She couldn't take living straight.她承受不了生活的压力

463--Why should I expect her to take dying.但我怎么能让她就这样死去呢

464--Isn't dying 难道死不是

465--the hardest thing anyone's ever done?每个人最难做到的事情吗

466--everyone's gone.所有人都走了

467--except you 除了你

468--Yeah 耶

469--so where's your pos gonna sleep?那你爷爷睡哪里

470--here 这儿

471--sleep with his daughter?跟他女儿一块儿睡吗

472--oh, I don't think like that.哦 可不是那么一回事

473--Yeah, but you don't know.是 但是你不知道罢了

474--He did her sisiter, when she was real younger.爷爷在她小时候侵犯过她姐姐

475--She told me that.她告诉我的

476--Why her sister, not her?她姐姐还是她

477--I figure he did them both.我猜她们都是

478--So her sister crazy, too?那你姐姐也疯了

479--Yeah, and their mother, too.耶 我妈妈也是

480--That's why that I didn't wanna come here.这就是为什么我不愿意来这里

481--You know, my mom's getting back with my dad.你知道 我妈妈要回到我爸爸那里了

482--I wish my mom would.我希望我妈妈和我爸爸在一块儿

483--He does stuff to my sister.他对我姐姐做了些不该做的

484--You don't have a sister.你没有姐姐

485--Lucky for her.对她来说是的

486--Did you tell your mother?你告诉*妈了吗

487--Yeah, I told her.是啊 我告诉她了

488--but she left him 她离开他时

489--and she cursed him out, she just gonna call the cops 她曾经威胁他说要叫警察

490--and now she's getting back with him.现在她要回到他那儿

491--You know, I asked her how she could do that?我问她怎么能这么做时

492--and she said she missed him.她告诉我她想他

493--She missed him, huh?她想他 哼

494--I was 7 when he first stuck it in.我 7 岁的时候他才回到家

495--Chris, Chris don't.克里斯 克里斯 别

496--moving with me.住我这里

497--stay here?住这里

498--What's your grandfather gonna say?那你爷爷怎么说

499--He won't know.他不会知道的

500--I will. We'll work it out so I never see you.我是说我们不要让他发现就行了

501--He won't get up until late from work.上班之后他总起的很晚

502--He's like a robot, anyway, out at 8 再说他就像个机器人一样

503--and back at six. out 六点钟回来 出去

504--Pop, she has no place to stay.她没有地方呆

505--It's not my problem. OUT!那不是我的问题 出去

506--Leave her alone. Don't...别碰她 别

507--Your mother's dying.*妈快死了

508--Your piece of trash father walked out and stuck me with a lot of these.你那垃圾爸爸跑了给我丢下这些

509--Did I ask my fellows of my age, did they?我这把年纪能顾的了这么多吗

510--What are you doing?你干什么

511--All right, That suits me.正合我意

512--You end up a trash anyway, just like your parents.反正你也就是个垃圾 跟你父母一样

513--so I left 我也不呆在这儿了

514--You wanna go and get your stuff 你是去把你的东西也拿过来

515--or you're gonna leave me out here alone 还是就把我扔在这儿

516--Do any of us bargain for our lives?我们还用跟生活讨价还价吗

517--It seems to me that 对我来说我们

518--we just fall into them.就像直接跌到了最坏的情况

519--and we have to do the best we can. Let's go.我们不得不尽我们所能

520--My mother was dying. My father was gone.我妈妈要死了 我爸爸走了

521--but I had to believe there were roads would rise up to meet me.但是我却要相信前面的路为我敞开

522--I was 15 when I went out to the world.我 15 岁开始了流浪

523--What's a home anyway.什么是家

524--a roof? a bed?一个屋顶 床

525--a place where when you go there they have to take you .一个必须接纳你的地方

526--If so, when I was 15, I became homeless.如果那样的话 15 岁我开始无家可归

527--spare some change? get a job 给点零钱吧 找个工作吧

528--How ya doing tonight?今天过的怎么样

529--God bless you kid.上帝保佑你 孩子

530--spare some change?给点零钱吧

531--but sometimes I felt like 但是有时候我觉得

532--I never had a home in my life.我从没有被遗弃过

533--Let's go 走吧

534--come back!回来

535--and another times I knew 终于 我明白了

536--where ever my mom was, that's where my home was.我妈妈在哪里 我的家就在哪里

537--Month by month, she was fitting away.一月又一月 她消耗殆尽

538--Liz?丽丝

539--Where did you go?你去哪了

540--I've ... I've been staying with friends.我 我跟朋友呆在一块儿

541--I miss you.我想你

542--pops... he hated me 爷爷 把我赶了出来

543--and I couldn't stay here.我不能呆在这里

544--Lisa said you stop going to school.利萨说你又不去上学了

545--I'm gonna go back.我会回去的

546--When?真的

547--When you get better.你身体好点的时候

548--This is me... This is me.这就是我 这就是我

549--I at the bars, 'cause I shake.因为颤抖

550--I can't stop shaking.我不停的抖

551--I think that's... that's because of the drinking.我想那是喝酒太多了

552--you should probably stop.我想你应该戒了

553--OK OK 好吧 好吧

554--You're gonna get better, you know.你会变好的

555--I love you mom. mom I love you .我爱你 妈妈 我爱你

556--get over there.过去那边

557--Hey guys wait up. I'll catch you later. I'm just gonna... bye 等一下 我再去找你们 我得

558--mom 妈妈

559--we took up a collection.那是我们捐的

560--She isn't coming here anymore, 'cause she thinks we always laugh at her.她不过来了 她老以为别人笑她

561--She's dead honey. she died yesterday morning.她死了 昨天早上

562--Sometimes I feel like there's a skin on the world.有时候我觉得世界外有一层外壳

563--and those of us who were born under it 我们所有人都生在这层外壳之下

564--can see throw it.你能从外壳里看到外面

565--We just can't get throw it.但是你却出不去

566--My mother's being buried under section 51,我妈妈被埋在第 51 区

567--the charity plot.一个不收费的墓区

568--My mother was in there. strangers had put her in there.我妈妈在里面 陌生人把她放在里面

569--Was she naked? was she frightened?她没穿衣服吗 她害怕吗

570--no, she was gone.不 她离开了

571--come on. let's go.咱们走

572--no wait a minute. there should be a service.等一下 应该有个典礼的

573--there should be a priest what's supposed to happen.应该有个牧师祈祷的

574--When you go, we're gonna bury him. that's all.你走了之后 我们会埋了它 就这样

575--It's a SHE!那是"她"

576--That's my mother.那是我妈妈

577--There's no priest?没有牧师

578--not these cases. you didn't know that?这里没有 你不知道吗

579--She's dead. put her into the ground 她死了 把她埋了吧

580--priest no priest. what did it matter.牧师没有祷告 那又怎么样

581--she was gone.她不在了

582--She was already rotting.她已经开始腐烂了

583--sorry 对不起

584--Was I supposed to believe she found eternal peace?我应该相信她最终找到了安宁吗

585--so you come with us?你走吗

586--just go 先走吧

587--Hey wait 嘿 等一下

588--Jean Murray, beloved.至爱的 姬恩 玛丽亚

589--Mother of Elizabeth 伊丽莎白 玛丽亚

590--and Lisa Murray 1954-1996 和利萨 玛丽亚的母亲 1954-1996

591--OK 好了

592--Listen, I'm gonna out of here OK?听着 我要离开了 好吗

593--Liz, just I can't... I can't...丽丝 我 我不能再

594--I can't do this anymore.我呆不下去了

595--you know, so, I'm going.我要走了

596--Where?去哪里

597--Group home?孤儿院

598--crazy house?孤儿院

599--This? This is crazy!现在才是疯狂的呢

600--You should come with me.你该跟我一块走

601--yeah, so, see you around.好吧 再说吧

602--People die. Things decay.人们死去 放到坑里

603--Everything that seemed 所有的东西都是

604--so solid is meaningless.那么真实 那么没有意义

605--All that left is gestures we make.留下的就是一些行为的碎片和空气

606--gestures and air that's what we remember.那就是我们记得的东西

607--I remember riding with my mother through the slips.我记得和我妈妈一块儿从斜跛上滑下来

608--The year ending. but her arms were warm around me 她的肩膀温暖的怀抱着我

609--when I was little and she was well.当时我还很小 她还很好

610--That was long ago. maybe it only happened once.那是很久以前 可能只是那么一次

611--Maybe she betrayed me a thousand times. it didn't matter.可能她背叛了我无数次 但没有关系

612--math was always a weak subject.次数不表示问题

613--we remember what we choose.我们记得我们的选择

614--get out of there 快出来

615--Where are you gonna put the stone?你们在那里放墓碑

616--It's no stone here. There's no room.没有墓碑 没有地方放

617--In a week,一个星期之内

618--there would be no trace of her.就再也找不到这个地方了

619--but what did it matter?那又怎么样

620--This wasn't the real world.这又不是真实的世界

621--we really only lived in each other's hearts.我们只活在彼此的心底

622--She lived in my heart.她就住在我心里

623--but I lived no where.但是我却没有地方去

624--I was all alone in the world.我在世界上单独一个人

625--you're 16 years old with 8th grade education,十六岁时受 8 年级学习教育

626--and when you are down the world spiral that 生活在你做梦

627--will end in the worst place than you ever dreamed 都想像不到的糟糕地方

628--you've burned every bridge,失去了所有的关系

629--you've worned out every welcom 消磨了所有的欢迎

630--and everyone who's ever believed in you.每一个曾经相信我的人

631--you've let down.我都让他们失望了

632--Eva 伊瓦

633--I don't wanna be an idot. I wanna go to school.我不想做个傻瓜 我要去上学

634--I'm Liz Murray.我是丽丝 玛丽亚

635--I have an appointment.我约了时间

636--at 9:30?在 9:30

637--It's 10:30 现在已经 10:30 了

638--I'm sorry, the subway got stucked.很抱歉 交通堵塞

639--I'm sorry, too. but it's really too late.我也很抱歉 但是你实在是太迟了

640--School started 3 weeks ago.学校 3 周前开始上课的

641--It's just about full.招生就快满了

642--Kids get here on time, honey.学生都准时到这里 孩子

643--I read the brochure intensive 我读过

644--"intensive student participation for the development of a just conmunity. ""加强学生的参与以发展公平社

区"

645--I just need one chance.我只是需要一次机会

646--You can wait and talk to David.你可以等一下跟戴维谈谈

647--but he's got a meeting right after 但他待会儿还有个会

648--What is your dream?你的梦想是什么

649--For your life? For your school.生活的梦想 学校的梦想

650--I knew when at that moment I had to make a choice.我知道在那个时刻我要做出选择

651--I could submit to everything that 我可以写所有我生命中

652--was happening in living life of excuses 发生的事情并为之辩护

653--or I could push myself.或者我可以推我自己一把

654--I could push myself and make my life good.我可以推自己一把 让我的生活变好

655--Hey, we'll get you by friday.我们星期五还有一次见面

656--OK thank you. oh pleasure guys 好的 谢谢 很高兴 孩子们

657--Elizabeth? Liz 伊丽莎白 丽丝

658--Liz, I'm sorry.丽丝 对不起

659--We're making our last decisions now.我们已经要最后决定了

660--I'm already late.我快要迟到了

661--Can I just talk to you for just a minute?我能跟您谈一分钟吗

662--30 sesonds?30 秒钟

663--It's the application.申请也是一个很大的作文

664--It's a whole big essay question, too.我已经完成作文了

665--I've already done the essay. I really want this.我真的想要上学

666--I haven't had a lot grownups 我没有什么东西

667--improved to be trustworthy or for the long runs,证明我过来要很远

668--so maybe I don't know how to talk to you, but ...所以我不知道该怎么跟你说

669--My parents both use drugs, a lot of them.我父母都吸毒 很严重

670--I won't go near them, but...我不会跟他们沾边的

671--but I guess I, kind of, lived that life style.但是我就是生活在那种环境的

672--I'm embarrassed now about how layback I've been.我很为我过去没做好而觉得难堪

673--I mean, I've never even really been school 我是说 我没有真正的去上过学

674--except for the 8th grade. but8 年上学很难熬 但是

675--your grades are very good in elementary school 你的成绩非常好

676--I used to show up last week and take the test,我上周去参加了考试

677--that's how I get promoted.然后我才可以升级的

678--I'm smart. I know I can succeed.我很聪明 我知道我能成功

679--I just... I just need the chance.我只是 我只是需要一次机会

680--I need the chance 我需要一次机会

681--to climb out of this place I've been born in.爬出我出生的那个环境

682--everyone I know just angry, tired.每个我认识的人都是愤怒 疲惫

683--They're trying to survive.他们只是挣扎着活下去

684--but I know that there's a world out there 但是我知道有一个世界

685--that's better.更好的世界

686--That's better developed. I wanna live in it.更好的生活 我希望在那里生活

687--why now?为什么是现在

688--My mother died of AIDS. she died a couple of months ago.我妈妈死于爱滋病 她几个月前死了

689--It was real slap on the face.感觉好像被打了几巴掌

690--I guess I always thought that she was gonna get better 我猜我老是以为她会好转的

691--and take care of me.照顾我

692--It's pretty stupid huh?很蠢是吧

693--she'd never been taking care of me. I took care of her.她从来都没有照顾过我 我照顾她

694--She was my baby. But now she's gone.她是我的孩子 但现在她不在了

695--so ...就是这样

696--now it's time to take care of yourself 现在是时候你自己照顾自己了

697--Can you get here on time? Liz?你能按时到校吗 丽丝

698--I'll sleep here if I have to.我会睡在这里如果可以的话

699--OK, you're in.好吧 你被录取了

700--but you told the others 但是你告诉别人

701--you won't know until friday.要到星期五才告诉她们的

702--You're in.你被录取了

703--Thank you . He just changes my life.谢谢 他刚刚改变了我的一生

704--That's worth Miss.这就是为人师表

705--you just fulfill the paper work.把相关表单准备一下

706--You got your transcrips 你要带着成绩单

707--and that's just the easy stuff address, phone number.和一些紧急联系信息:地址 电话

708--We have to have a meeting with parents or your gardian 我们需要你的父母或者监护人见一面

709--get that in. we're good to go.这些都有了 你就可以来上学了

710--dad.爸爸

711--Hey, Lizzy.嘿 丽丝

712--I need your help, please.我需要你的帮助 求你了

713--such a production. such a production 真是太夸张了 太夸张了

714--Why don't you just stay in the Browx and go to konedy.为什么你不呆在以前的学校

715--I don't know how to go to a normal school.我不知道该怎么待在普通学校

716--Why? why? this isn't a normal school?为什么这不是普通学校吗

717--Oh it's public but it's like private.哦 是公立的 但是很像私立的

718--dad dad 爸爸 爸爸

719--I think I can do this.我觉得我可以办到的

720--Yeah? that's good. I don't think I can do this.很好 但我不认为我可以办到

721--Yeah you can! you can!嘿 你可以 你可以的

722--just say you're a long horn truck driver.我跟他们说你是开长途客车

723--that's why I just don't ever see you.所以他们不会找你的

724--We're living with your girl friend now also.我还说你有一个女朋友

725--oh you give me a girl friend?等一下 你说我有个女朋友

726--Eva. Eva! oh, that's not good.伊瓦 伊瓦 这可不好

727--Eva is old enough to be my mother.伊瓦老的能当我妈了

728--dad. I just need an address you know,爸爸 我只是需要一个地址

729--a phone number they can call.他们能打的电话号码

730--They can't know I went homeless.他们不会知道我无家可归

731--they'll call the city. and I'll be locked up again.我进去之后 就不会再有事了

732--OK OK 好吧 好吧

733--Mr. Murray. I'm Peter. Peter Phinidy 玛丽亚先生 我是皮特 菲尼

734--I never actually 实际上我从来没有

735--married Lizzy's mother.跟丽丝的妈妈接过婚

736--sit down please.坐下 请坐吧

737--I'm gratefully taking my daughter in this pretty nice place.我很高兴我女儿能来这里上学

738--we are still new.这个地方非常不错

739--we have a big ambition 我们也有很远的目标

740--yeah, so is Liz I guess. She's a feminist.我猜丽丝也是 她是个女权主义者

741--I'm expecting you know it already.我已经开始期待了

742--her mother was beautiful actually. like a movie star.她妈妈很漂亮 像个电影明星

743--her mother was also a kind of a feminist too. or something.也是个女权主义者

744--anyway I thought when I met her she was just, you know, spirit.总之当我见到她时 你知道

745--but actually she was completely insane.她那会儿精神恍惚

746--we need you to sign right here.请在这里签字

747--and give us contect information address and phone number 并且请给我们联系方式 地址 电话

748--university avenue 3458 大学路 3458 号

749--is that an apartment? yeah 2b 那是个公寓吗

750--3b3b yeah that's right.3b3b 对

751--that's right. we moved upstairs.没错 我们搬到楼上了

752--phone number?电话号码

753--718...718...

754--...555 ...555...555 ...555

755--...557...67...5555767 ..557...67...5555767

756--sorry my memery my mind totally short.对不起 我都记的不太清了

757--so that's it?就这些吗

758--I gotta stuff to do.我应该做的事儿 就这些

759--thanks for coming. thank you 感谢您的到来 谢谢您

760--can I start now?我现在能开始了吗

761--It's refreshing to have someone who wants to come to school.听到有人说想来上学真是很让人振奋

762--I'm gonna walk him out.我送他出去

763--all right. Oh, they give tokens to you?他们还给你零钱吗

764--no I gotta a job 不 我有工作

765--Yeah, I remember when you were a kid 我记得你小时候

766--you used to beg grossories down the Foren road 在弗伦路上扫地

767--and put the food in fridge.把食物放到冰箱里

768--How old were you?你那时候多大

769--Eight.8 岁

770--I'm not a people person. you understand that.我不算个正常人 如果你明白的话

771--I'm not a people person. Liz 我不算个正常人 丽丝

772--There's nothing to do with you.那跟你没什么关系

773--you know. It's not personal.你知道 这不是针对个人的

774--you came today though.但是你今天还是过来了

775--I love you dad.我爱你 爸爸

776--oh don't do that. don't love me. It wastes of energy.别爱我 那是浪费能量

777--You when I was little.我小的时候

778--you were the most interesting thing in my world.你是我的世界里最有趣的事情

779--everyone around was just talking about drugs or sex or you know,其他人都是谈论毒品 性

780--just trying to survive the day.尽量撑过每一天

781--but you always had ideas 但是你老是有主意

782--it's because of you 因为你的缘故

783--I know there's another way of being.我总会发现另外的出路

784--Are you OK?你还好吗

785--Yeah yeah, I'm fine.是 我很好

786--they take care of me find at the shelter 他们照顾我 给我找了个收容所

787--actually I'm gonna get my own apartment 还要给我一套公寓

788--you know they like to do that.他们可能会这么做

789--you can come and stay with me, visit me, any time 你随时可以到我那里去

790--you own an apartment 你有一套公寓

791--yeah they like to do that.是的 他们乐意这么做

792--they keep people like me at the shelters.送我们这些人到收容所

793--you know the people the patience. people with AIDS 我们这些病人 得爱滋的病人

794--Hey, listen, no no no a lot is changing.事情变了很多

795--I've got all these medicines now 我吃了很多药

796--and I'm clean 现在我已经没事了

797--so I'm gonna live forever.所以我会永远活下去的

798--I'll be fine. I'm gonna live forever.我很好 我会永远活下去的

799--stay in school.好好上学

800--I blew this, but you can do this.我搞砸了 但是你可以做到

801--Goff Tanken.高夫 谭肯

802--remember the main. anyboday?记住大部分 还有人吗

803--Frank O' prushen woorf? You.弗兰克 帕辛 吴 你

804--Do you get BISMARCK?你有"商业记号"那页吗

805--You didn't get BISMARCK.你没有那页

806--I didn't get BISMARCK, either.我也没有拿到那页

807--I thought BISMARCK was a kind of roll.我还以为"商业记号"是某种肉卷呢

808--Kaiser roll. so is BISMARCK a kaiser?凯瑟卷 那"商业记号"是凯瑟卷

809--stop talking about food. you're making me hungry.别再说食物了 我都觉得饿了

810--Dav, are we getting textbooks next year?戴维 今年我们会发教科书吗

811--'cause I'm keeping losing these things.因为我老是丢这些活页

812--emmm... textbooks..嗯 教科书

813--why don't we use textbooks? anyone?为什么不发教科书 谁知道

814--too heavy?太重了

815--They are, but not cigar.是的 但是不能给雪茄糖[A kind of sugar]

816--they're too expensive. the school is too poor.它们太贵了 学校负担不了

817--I'm keeping my cigars today.我今天要自己留着雪茄糖了

818--you new girl.你 新来的同学

819--her name is Liz 她叫丽丝

820--Yeah dav. she's been here a week.是啊 上帝 戴维 她都来一周了

821--try to remember.你还记不住她的名字

822--Liz, sue me 丽丝 到法院告我吧

823--textbook text...book...教科书 教科 书

824--open it up 打开

825--what did you see? words 里面说什么 单词

826--what kind of words?什么样的词

827--the words of the author.作者的话

828--no no this is important.不 不 这很重要

829--and what we have here?我手上拿的是什么

830--a lot of other people's words 许多其他人的话

831--why do I wannt you to have them 为什么我要发给你们

832--because one point of view gives you a one-dimensional world 因为一种观点给你一方面的见解

833--cigars cigars! BISMARCK.雪茄糖 雪茄糖 "商业记号"

834--marks the guy who sold me the babble gums cigars.卖给我泡泡糖的人 雪茄糖

835--why one earth would we confine ourselves to his story-history 为什么我们只能看他一个人的故事

836--but isn't that the deal day? I mean is there official history?但是那不是记载着官方历史吗

837--no girl tell him what history is.不 孩子 告诉他什么是历史

838--history is all of us. all our stories count.历史是我们全体 我们全体都算

839--that's is. grab your papers.就这样 拿着你的作业

840--I'll be in the launch if you wanna talk about it.要找我的话 我在休息室

841--hey Liz it's yours 嘿 丽丝 这是你的

842--hey new girl 嘿 新来得同学

843--you let me in but you don't remember my name 你批准我入校的 却不记得我的名字

844--Oh I remember your name.我记得你的名字

845--I just like the others gaining up your side.我只是想让其他人站到你一边

846--you're pretty smart.你很聪明

847--so are you 你也是

848--you gave me an A-你给我一个 A849--yeah I thought it was a very good paper 是的 我认为写的不错

850--how do i make an A 我怎么才能得 A

851--Liz, an A- is an excellent mark.丽丝 A-是非常高的分数

852--this is your first school work and what? forever?再怎么说这是你第一次学校作业

853--if my words count,如果我的话管用的话

854--I want them to be right.我希望你能帮我改正它

855--OK 好吧

856--what're you still doing here?你还在这里干什么

857--algebra 生物

858--yeah well, it's after 11. I'm locking up.已经 11 点了 我要关门了

859--How many classes are you taking?你上了多少课

860--the regular 5,必修的 5 课

861--and the saturday programming, the night school, franch 周六课程 夜校 法语

862--and the after school science 非洲学校 科学

863--ten!10 个

864--now you see why I need the before school maths 现在你知道为什么我需要学学前数学了

865--a lot 真是非常多

866--I'm 17.我现在 17 了

867--I don't wanna be 21 before I finish high school.我不想高中毕业就 21 了

868--so you're trying to do 4-years high school in 3 years?那你想 3 年念完 4 年的课程吗

869--Two.2 年

870--you need before school maths, too.你也需要学学学前数学

871--yeah, you'll kill yourself you know?哦 是啊 你这是自*

872--no 不是

873--no I'm gonna live.我会活的好好的

874--I had it down. the B-train took 70 minutes to do its entire runB 号线全程 40 分钟

875--I've been back 4 times,来回四次后

876--and I would get to school just a little early.我一般会早到学校

877--and david would let me in.她们会让我进去的

878--for the first time my life 第一次我生活里

879--had some order I can count on 有了些可以遵循的节奏

880--Chris?克利斯

881--Chris? Chris?克利斯 克利斯

882--what're you doing here?你在这儿干嘛呢

883--hanging out 闲逛

884--what about the home?你的家怎么样

885--so why don't you look for me?你怎么能不来找我呢

886--I did. I've been looking for a long time.我找过 我找了你很久了

887--you have been in any ever places?你都不在以前的地方了

888--I'm here now.我现在在这边

889--I'm going to a new school. and I like it.我上了一个新学校 我很喜欢它

890--hey hey come on.嘿 怎么了

891--It's great. we're together.多好啊 我们在一块儿了

892--last one out, first one in.最后一个走 第一个来

893--no that describes you david.不 那是说你的 戴维

894--how did you get so dedicated?你怎么能这么有劲头呢

895--well, I'm such a privilege jerk.我是个大傻瓜

896--I want it to give something back.我非常想得到一些东西

897--this is?这是

898--my friend chris. my best friend.我朋友 克利斯 最好的朋友

899--hi chris. hey 你好 克利斯 你好

900--I want her to come here too.我想让她也来这里上学

901--It's not a party, it's a tough place.这不是个舞会 是个很吃苦的地方

902--well, she's good for you,你觉得她可以

903--he's good enough for me. come on in.我也觉得她可以 进来吧

904--so, what we putting on the board?成绩什么时候下来

905--we're deciding we'll send top 10 students 我们决定之后要送前 10 名

906--in school trip to Boston 到波士顿旅行

907--cool. you've ever been?酷 你去过吗

908--I've never been out of New York.我从来都没出过纽约

909--we went to queen's once.我们去过 皇后区

910--well, you're going.你会去的

911--come on. no way I'm one of the top 10 students.哦 我可不会进前 10 名

912--oh you're not one of the top. you're the top.你可不是前 10 名 你是第 1 名

913--you get the best grade in this whole place 你是学校里分数最高的

914--so what? you going to Boston?那又怎么样 去波士顿

915--expenses paid.旅费是学校付的

916--how long? 5 days 多久 5 天

917--you OK, Liz?你还好吗 丽丝

918--yeah, I just thought I've been trash, you know.耶 我还以为我是渣滓呢

919--you're not trash.你不是渣滓

920--this is getting you thinking about college.从这件事上你应该考虑上大学

921--what's college like? It's all crap, shut up!大学什么样 都是废话 别说了

922--you can come too? can she?你也可以去啊 她可以吗

923--sure, if she does the work.当然可以 她能做到

924--well, not figure an inch, thanks.我不是那块料 谢谢

925--come on chris,梦想 克利斯

926--dream a little. what you wanna be when you grow up?长大了你想做什么

927--boy, I was grown since I was 7.我 7 岁的时候就开始长大了

928--I mean after high school. it's OK.克利斯 我是说 高中之后 没事

929--no it's not OK. I'll be a garbageman.我有事 我会做个捡垃圾的

930--I'll be a prostitude.我会做个妓女

931--who cares what the hell I'm gonna be.谁管它多久呢

932--welcome to Harvard guys.欢迎到哈佛 同学们

933--it looks like what you thought it would?看起来和想象的一样吗

934--better. unattainably better 更好 无法接受的好

935--Liz, they're just people.丽丝 他们也是普通人

936--not people like me 不是像我这样的普通人

937--why not people like me?为什么不是像我这样的普通人

938--what made them so different?什么让他们这么不同

939--because of where they were born?因为他们出生的地方吗

940--I was working as hard as I could,我尽我所能的工作

941--so I didn't end up on food stamps or house let.所以不用靠救济粮票或者房屋租借度日

942--what... what if I work even more?如果我更努力的工作呢

943--I was so close to the skin 我现在离那层外壳这么近

944--now I can touch it.甚至可以触摸到它

945--it would be a reach. it's not impossible.这是一种渴望 不是不可能

946--is there any other scholarships 还有其他奖学金吗

947--that's quite a few.很少

948--write 1500 words on the important 关于自由市场和自由世界的重要性

949--of the free market 写一篇 1500 字的报告

950--and the free world and win $500 可以得 500 美元奖学金

951--yeah, I don't need lead 70 of those every year.是的 而且每年只发 70 美元

952--there was some brandnew from the NYT,有个最新的奖学金项目 纽约时报的

953--maybe I didn't put it in yet.我可能还没放进去呢

954--$12000 every year for 4 years12000 美元每年 共 4 年

955--what do you have to do?要求有什么

956--attach a brief essay describing 附一个简短论文描述你认为

957--what you believe to be the most significant in acadamic achievement 最重要的收获和你是如何

958--and how you have overcome any chellenges or obstacles 迎接挑战和克服困难的

959--can have a copy of this?你能帮我复印一份吗

960--I want to stand beside people beside walk 我想和人们站在一块儿

961--and not be so far beneath them 不想在他们之下

962--I wanna go to Harvard and become very developed 我想去哈佛 做受教育最高的人

963--read all the best books 读所有最好的书

964--then I found myself thinking 有时候我也发现我在想

965--what if I just go crazy?我是不是一时冲动

966--I used my every potential to do that.用我所有的潜能去做这件事

967--I have to do it. I have no choice.我必须这么做 我没有选择

968--Am I late?我迟到了吗

969--no, I'm early 不 我早了

970--I made you some coffee 我帮你倒杯咖啡

971---one sweet sugar, right? -right.-要加块糖吗 -好啊

972--Thank you.谢谢

973--can I have a stamp for this?能给我张邮票吗

974--that's the NYT scholarship.申请纽约时报奖学金

975--you haven't mailed them yet?你还没寄出去吗

976--when is the deadline?什么时候截止

977--Tomorrow. I gave you 4 months ago, Liz.明天 我四个月之前就给你了

978--what are you waiting for?你等什么呢

979--for today. for me to turn 18.为了今天 我 18 岁

980--It's your birthday.今天你生日

981--happy birthday.生日快乐

982--but I don't think there's a requirement 但是我想他们不需要你必须 18 岁

983--I know, thank you.我知道 谢谢你

984--but now I could tell the truth that 但是现在我可以说实话了

985--I was homeless.我无家可归

986--and no one could come and take me away 没有人来带我回家

987--Lisa 利萨

988--Liz?丽丝

989--What are you doing here?你在这里干嘛

990--I have this interview.我有个面试

991--I'm a finalist for a big NYT scholarship 我进了纽约时报奖学金最后一轮

992--but I don't have anything to wear.但是我没有能穿的衣服

993--You want my clothes?你想要我的衣服吗

994--nothing fancy just something that I can put over this.不是说喜欢 只是一个能穿的外套

995--Thank you.谢谢

996--mom sold my coat once,妈妈把我彩色的那件卖了

997--I couldn't go to school 我也不能去上学

998--I remember 我记得

999--I cried, I loved going to school so much.我还哭了 我真的很喜欢上学

1000--you never went to school.你都没上过学

1001--why would they give you the scholarship 他们怎么会给你机会呢

1002--because I'm homeless 因为我无家可归

1003--and I'm doing really well in school, and...而且我在学校的成绩很好

1004--you're not homeless, Liz.你不是无家可归 丽丝

1005--you could stay here.你可以待在这里

1006--no I couldn't. you know that 不 我办不到 你知道的

1007--pop hates you.爷爷恨你

1008--I'm going blind. like mama 我马上就要瞎了 跟妈妈一样

1009--I'm scared.我很害怕

1010--Liz, they kick me out of the group home 丽丝 他们把我赶出了孤儿院

1011--and all my stuff.还有所有的东西

1012--they can't kick you out, you're not 18 yet.他们不能赶你走 你还不到 18 呢

1013--They'll bring to to Brucklin.他们要把我转到布鲁克林

1014--I don't wanna go to Brucklin. you have to help me 我不想去布鲁克林 你一定要帮帮我

1015--I have an interview. right?我有个面试 好嘛

1016--just let get through this one thing,让我把这件事做完

1017--and you can come back and go to school 你可以回来上学

1018--no, I don't wanna go to school, I don't belong there,我不想上学 我不属于那里

1019--neither do you.你也不属于那里

1020--yes I do.不 我是的

1021--you think they like pepole like us to go to Harvard?你以为他们会让你进哈佛吗

1022--the world moves you just suspect 你会怀疑地球是否在转动

1023--it could no happen without you 即使你不在也照样如此

1024--situations are not condused to what you want for yourself 情况不能像你希望的一样

1025--someone else's needs,有些人的需求

1026--someone else's plate is going to be stronger than yours is.有些人的信念会比你的更强烈

1027--I think people just get frustrated without harsh,我想人们在不知生活会有多困苦时

1028--life can be 感到失败

1029--so they're spending their time dwelling on that frustration 所以人们久久围困于自己的失败中

1030--we calling it anger.我们称为愤怒

1031--keep their eyes shut to the wholeness of the situation 对事物的整体视而不见

1032--to all those tinny things 对于所有能够成功的微小元素

1033--that have come together to make it, what it is 以及什么是成功视而不见

1034--because I was turned so inward by mom and dad 因为我的父母迫使我向深处里观察

1035--I got chance to see how all the little tiny things 我有幸看到所有的微小事物是如何

1036--come together to make the final product 最终聚集在一起 最终形成产物的

1037--so I was never inclined to wonder why this 所以我从来不问为什么这样

1038--or why that 为什么那样

1039--I knew why 我知道为什么

1040--not that I was happy about it,这样并不能让我高兴

1041--in fact I was really sad about it, some of the time 很多时候倒让我觉的很难过

1042--but I was very excepting 但是我总是勇于接受

1043--I was very excepting.但我总是勇于接受事实

1044--I just always knew that I need to get out.我知道我总想离开我的环境

1045--is there anything else you'd like to tell us?还有什么你要告诉我们的吗

1046--I loved my mother.我爱我妈妈

1047--so much I mean 如此之深

1048--she was a drug addict.她吸毒

1049--she was an alcoholic 也酗酒

1050--she was legally blind 基本失明

1051--she was schizophrenic 她还患有精神分裂

1052--but I never forgot that she did love me 但是我决不会忘记她爱我

1053--even if, if she did it 虽然她曾经做过一些事

1054--all the time 总是这样

1055--all the time 总是这样

1056--all the time 总是这样

1057--I hope you will know 我希望你们知道

1058--how much I really need this 我是多么的需要这次机会

1059--I can't go to college or anything without it 或者我就不能上大学或者别的事情

1060--she earned a 95 average,她的平均成绩 95 分

1061--and finished the top of class of 150 并且是班里 150 名学生中最高的

1062--she did it while completing the 4-years of high school in 2 她能够在两年时间完成 4 年的高中学业

1063--she did it while homeless, her mother was dead,她无家可归 她的妈妈死去了

1064--her father was a drug addict living in shelters 爸爸在收容所里

1065--and any way I describe this can't do just to her accomplishment 我所有的描述都不能概括对她的赞扬

1066--so I'll just introduce to you our 所以我直接介绍我们的

1067--6th NYT scholarship winner 第 6 届纽约时报奖学金获奖者

1068--Liz Murray 丽丝 玛丽亚

1069--everything's changed,所有的事情都改变了

1070--My life will never be the same.我的生命不会再如以前了

1071--and I don't know what else to say except for thank you 我不知道还应该说些什么 除了谢谢

1072--thank you very much 非常感谢

1073--Liz Liz, how did you do this?丽丝 丽丝 你是怎么做到的

1074--How could I not do it?!我怎么能做不到呢

1075--my parents showed me with the alternative was 我的父母教会了我可能

1076--did you ever feel sorry for yourself?你为自己的过去感到难过吗

1077--sorry?对不起

1078--sleeping in the subway. eating out of dumpsters 在地铁里睡觉 吃丢弃的食物

1079--that had always been my life and I really 那总是我生活的一部分 我觉的

1080--I feel that I got lucky,我非常幸运

1081--because any sensive security 是因为我心里所有的安全感

1082--was pulled out from under me 被从身体中抛弃

1083--so I was forced 所以我被迫向前看

1084--to look forward.我必须向前

1085--I had to... there was no going back 没有能后退的路

1086--and I reached a point where I just thought 我到了一种状态

1087--"oh I'm gonna work as hard as I possiblly can"好吧 我要尽我所能的工作

1088--and see what happens"看会发生什么 "

1089--and now I'm going to college.现在我上大学了

1090--and the NYT is going to pay 而且纽约时报给我付学费

1091--so you were lucky!所以说你是幸运的

1092--but is there anything you change, if you were able?但是你会改变什么 如果你可以的话

1093--Yeah, I'd give it back.耶 我会把它还回去的

1094--all of it.所有的

1095--If I could have my family back.如果我的家庭能复原的话

1096--I got into Harvard. I got a job at the NYT.我进了哈佛 我在纽约时报有了份工作

1097--I got an apartment.我有了自己的公寓

1098--I don't have to carry my whole life with me any more.我再也不用随身携带所有的东西了

1099--I don't have to carry my whole life with me 我不得不背负着我的过去

1100--but I do. everyone I've known,但是我记得所有我认识的人

1101--everything I have done. Jesus, chip off 所有我做过的事情 难过的往事

1102--I forget the little things 我忘记所有微小的事情

1103--but still hard to carry alone 但是仍然很难单独承受

1104--so that's why I told you.所以我告诉你

1105--that's why I've told you my story 所以我告诉你我的故事

1106--now I can lay it out and burn it done,现在我能让它燃烧

1107--put it in the rest, then I can go on 平息 那我就可以向前走了

1108--Hi, mom.嗨 妈妈

1109--Liz's father suffering from AIDS and lives in his apartment 丽丝的艾滋病父亲生活在他自己的公寓里

1110--Chris has a steady job 克里斯有了份稳定的工作

1111--and remained good friends with liz 并且继续和丽丝是好朋友

1112--Liz pays the rent of her apartment with the money she earned from making confrences 丽丝用在演讲赚来

的钱支付公寓的月租

1113--Liz has left Harvard in the spring of 2003.丽丝 2003 年春天离开了哈佛

1114--she continued her studies at college.并且继续在大学深造

1115--She is convinced that her path will come by itself.她相信自己可以独自面对将来的道路

查看全文
大家还看了
也许喜欢
更多游戏

Copyright © 2024 妖气游戏网 www.17u1u.com All Rights Reserved