作者:小雅和英美友人
改锥、钳子、扳手..... 英文怎么说?
拧、松、钉、锯,这些动词英文怎么说?
Bolt、screw、nail,你能分清吗?
Child: Mommy, will you play tools with me?
宝宝:妈妈,你可以和我玩工具吗?
Play tools指的是玩工具的游戏,而play with tools指的是玩工具的动作本身。也可以说play "fix it",玩修东西。“过家家”英文怎么说,以及其他过家家游戏的英文名称,见文章末尾。
Mom: Sure! Where is your tool set?
妈妈:当然可以啦!你的工具箱在哪儿呢?
Child: Here it is, Mommy.
宝宝:在这儿呢,妈妈。
What do you need me to fix?
您需要我修什么?
Mom: I have a broken table leg.
妈妈:我这个桌子腿儿坏了。
Could you please fix it?
你能把它修好吗?
Child: What is this, Mommy?
宝宝:这个是什么,妈妈?
Mom: Would you like me to tell you all the names of the tools first before you start working?
妈妈:在你开工之前,要不要妈妈先给你讲讲每个工具都叫什么名字?
Let's lay out all the tools and go over the names.
咱们把所有工具都摆好,然后过一遍它们的名字。
From top left to right we have:
从左上到右是:
(1) a C-clamp, 一个C型夹
(2) a hammer, 一个锤子
(3) a wrench, 一个扳手
(4) an adjustable wrench, 一个活扳手
(5) another adjustable wrench, 另一个活扳手
(6) a saw, 一把锯
(7) and a piece of wood to practice using your saw.
和一块你用来练习锯东西的木头。
On the bottom row from left to right we have:
底下这行从左到右是:
(8) pincers, 拨钉钳
(9) pliers, 钳子
pliers是各种钳子的统称。
(10) and a screwdriver. 和一个改锥。
(11) This long yellow thing is called a ruler, which is what you measure with.
这个长长的黄色的叫尺子,是用来测量的。
(12) The grey things are nails, 灰色的是钉子
(13) the black ones are bolts, 黑色的是螺栓
(14) and the round things are called nuts which screw onto the bolts.
圆的是螺母,用来拧到螺栓上的。
(15) And last are pieces of wood to practice putting your nails, nuts, and bolts in.
最后一个是一块木头,用来练习钉螺钉、螺母和螺栓。
如何区分bolt、nail和screw,我们做了一张表,及详细中英文解释,见文章末尾。
Child: Okay, can I practice using the nuts and bolts?
宝宝:好的,我能练习使用螺母和螺栓吗?
Mom: Yes, first let's put the bolt into the hole.
妈妈:嗯,首先咱们把螺栓插到孔里。
Then you put the nut on the bottom.
然后你把螺母放在底下。
Now hold the nut while you use the wrench to turn the bolt until they are tight.
现在拿着螺母,用扳手拧螺栓,直到拧紧。
Well done!
真棒!
Are you ready to fix my table now?
你现在准备好给我修桌子了吗?
Child: Yes, I am going to use my saw to cut the leg off.
宝宝:嗯,我要用锯把桌腿切下来。
Mom: We don't need to saw the leg off.
妈妈:咱们不用把桌腿锯下来。
We can loosen the bolts to take the leg off.
咱们可以把螺栓拧松,把桌腿拿下来。
Let's use the pliers or the wrench to do that.
咱们使用钳子或者扳手。
Child: Okay! Can I put some screws in instead of bolts?
宝宝:好的!我能把螺栓换成螺丝吗?
这里描述的是小孩玩过家家的场景,实际生活中,通常不能用螺丝替代螺栓。
Is this how I use the screwdriver?
我用改锥用得对吗?
Mom: Yes, and let's use the C-clamp to hold the leg in place while you screw it in.
妈妈:对,咱们用C型夹固定住桌腿,然后把它往里拧。
Child: I am all done, Mommy.
宝宝:我完成啦,妈妈。
I want to use the hammer now.
我现在想用锤子。
I am going to hammer some nails into the wall for you to hang a picture on.
我要往墙上钉几个钉子,您就可以把照片挂在上面了。
钉钉子的动词“钉”,除了用hammer,还可以用put,put some nails into something。
Mom: Great idea!
妈妈:好主意!
Thank you.
谢谢你。
(1) Washers 铁垫圈
O-rings 皮垫圈
(2) Drill 钻孔机
电钻叫electric drill,无线电钻叫cordless drill或者battery-powered drill。
(3) Phillips-head screwdriver 十字改锥、Flat screwdriver 一字改锥
(4) Hardhat / Safety hat 安全帽
Hardhat比safety hat更常用。
(5) Retractable utility knife 伸缩工具刀
附录二:如何区分Bolt、screw和nail?区别一览表:
附录三:“过家家”英文怎么说?过家家,即各种小孩子玩的角色扮演游戏,英文叫pretend play。玩过家家,英文叫:play pretend。
(1) Let's play pretend.
咱们玩过家家吧。
(2) Let's play hospital.
咱们玩“在医院”吧。
Let's play doctor.
咱们假装医生吧。
Let's play doctor and patient.
咱们假装医生和病人吧。
(3) Let's play house.
咱们玩过家家吧。
特指假装爸爸妈妈的游戏。
(4) Let's play school.
咱们玩“在学校”吧。
Let's play teacher.
咱们假装老师吧。
Let's play teacher and student.
咱们假装老师和学生吧。
【*你和宝宝说英语】
Copyright © 2024 妖气游戏网 www.17u1u.com All Rights Reserved