作者:小雅和英美友人
◆ “桌游”英文怎么说?
◆ 扔一个骰子是roll the dice吗?
◆ 机会卡是“抓”还是“抽”,英文如何区分?
Monopoly 大富翁
Child: Can we have a family game night on Fridays?
宝宝:咱们能每周五举办一个家庭游戏之夜吗?
Mom: Sure.
妈妈:当然。
It's Friday night,
今天就是星期五,
so go grab a board game.
你去拿一个桌游过来吧。
Child: What about this one - Monopoly?
宝宝:这个怎么样——大富翁?
Mom: That's a long game,
妈妈:这个游戏需要玩很长时间,
but we can limit it to an hour this first time.
但是这是咱们第一次玩,可以限制在1小时以内。
Child: OK.
宝宝:好的。
What do you do in the game?
这个游戏怎么玩啊?
Mom: You buy property and build on it.
妈妈:你可以买地,然后在上面盖东西。
Child: How do you win?
宝宝:怎么算赢呢?
Mom: Today we'll say it's by having the most money after an hour of playing.
妈妈:今天呢,咱们就玩一个小时以后看谁的钱最多。
Open the box
把盒子打开,
and pull out the board, the cards, the money, and the dice.
把棋盘、卡片、钱和骰子都拿出来。
And pick one of the tokens to use around the board.
然后选一个棋子在棋盘上走。
Token是标志物的意思,这里指代表每个人的棋子。
Child: I like the dog.
宝宝:我喜欢狗狗。
Mom: Good.
妈妈:好的。
I'll take the thimble.
我选顶针吧。
We'll put our tokens on "Go."
咱们把棋子都放在起点上。
In the beginning, we each get $1,500.
一开始,每人发1500块钱。
I'll be the banker.
我来负责银行。
We'll each roll the dice,
咱们每人扔一次骰子,
骰子的单数形式是die,复数形式是dice。
and the person with the highest total of the two dice will go first.
谁的两个骰子的和最大谁先走。
Child: I got 10!
宝宝:我扔的10!
Mom: I only got seven,
妈妈:我只扔了7,
so you go first.
所以你先走。
Roll again.
再扔一次。
Child: I got a four and a three, so seven.
宝宝:我扔了一个4一个3,是7。
Mom: Yep, so you'll go seven spaces.
妈妈:对,你走7格。
Child: It says Vermont Avenue.
宝宝:上面写着佛蒙特大街。
What do I do?
我需要怎么做呢?
Mom: You can buy it.
妈妈:你可以把它买下来。
It's $100.
它是100块钱。
Child: OK, I'll buy it.
宝宝:好的,我买了。
Mom: Now if I land on that property,
妈妈:现在如果我走到这块地上了,
then I have to pay you rent.
我就得付给你租金。
Over time you'll build houses on the property and then hotels.
之后你在这块地上建房子,然后建酒店。
Child: What are Income Tax, Community Chest, and Chance?
宝宝:所得税、社会基金和机会是什么啊?
中文版Monopoly-地产大亨中,Community Chest card译为契约卡。
Mom: You just have to do what they tell you.
妈妈:你就按照上面写的做。
You have to pay taxes or draw Community Chest or Chance cards.
你需要交税,或者抓契约卡或者机会卡。
指从最上面抓一张牌,如果是抽牌,要加上randomly from the deck - 从一摞卡片中随机抽取。
Child: What are the cards?
宝宝:这些卡片是什么啊?
Mom: Sometimes they give you money and sometimes they make you pay money.
妈妈:有时候它们会给你钱,有时候它们会让你付钱。
Child: It's your turn to roll the dice.
宝宝:该你扔骰子了。
Mom: I landed on a square that says "Chance,"
妈妈:我走到的这个格写着“机会”,
that means I have to draw a Chance card.
意思就是我可以抓一张机会卡。
Child: What does the card say?
宝宝:卡片上怎么写的?
Mom: It says "Go directly to jail.
妈妈:上面写着“直接去监狱。
Do not pass Go.
不能经过起点。
Do not collect $200."
不能领取200美元。”
Child: I'm going to roll the dice now.
宝宝:现在该我扔骰子了。
Oh look!
看!
I got two sixes!
我扔了两个6!
Mom: Those are doubles!
妈妈:两个一样!
You'll get an extra turn after this one.
你玩完这轮可以多玩一次。
Child: Is that all you do?
宝宝:就这些吗?
Mom: It gets more difficult the more properties you own.
妈妈:你拥有的地越多就会越难。
Do you want to keep going?
你想继续玩吗?
Child: Yeah!
宝宝:嗯!
It seems interesting,
好像挺有意思的,
and I like the little dog token.
而且我喜欢这个狗狗棋子。
更多详细游戏规则,点击,下载英文版pdf说明书。
更多棋牌类游戏,请查看:
Copyright © 2024 妖气游戏网 www.17u1u.com All Rights Reserved