美国人最常用的地道俚语Top40!都给你总结好啦

美国人最常用的地道俚语Top40!都给你总结好啦

首页休闲益智Easy Prank 3D更新时间:2024-07-25

如果你正在参加托福或托业考试,或者只是想了解更多的常用习语,

那么请阅读这40个常用习语表达的列表。他们可以让你的英语学习变得更好!

下面一起来看看~

常见的英文习语

1、24/7: Twenty-four hours a day; seven days a week; all the time; constantly.

24/7:一天二十四小时;一周七天;时时刻刻;时时刻刻。

My little sister irritates me 24/7!

我妹妹24小时不停地惹我生气!

2、A short fuse: A quick temper.

导火索:急躁的脾气。

Jamie is known for his short fuse; just a few days ago he screamed at his coach for not letting him play.

杰米以他的短发闻名;就在几天前,他因为教练不让他上场而大喊大叫。

3、A taste of your own medicine: Bad treatment deservedly received for treating other people badly.

自食其果:对别人不好,理应受到不好的待遇。

After constantly being prank-called, Julian decided to give Juan a taste of his own medicine and ordered twenty-seven pizzas to be delivered to Juan’s house.

朱利安不断地被人恶作剧,他决定让胡安自食其果,并点了二十七个比萨饼送到胡安家。

4、Butterflies in my stomach: To be nervous.

我心里七上八下:紧张。

Liam had butterflies in his stomach before he went on stage to play the violin.

利亚姆上台拉小提琴前,心里七上八下。

5、By the skin of your teeth: To just barely get by or make it.

侥幸成功:勉强通过或完成它。

Lester made the dance team by the skin of his teeth; you can tell he hasn't been dancing jazz for very long.

莱斯特生硬地组成了这支舞蹈队;你可以看出他已经很久没有跳爵士乐了。

6、Cat got your tongue?: Can’t you speak? (Usually said to embarrass the other person).

一言不发?你不能说话吗?(通常是说让对方难堪)。

I just saw you kissing my boyfriend. What’s the matter? Cat got your tongue?

我刚看见你在吻我男朋友。怎么了?你怎么一句话也不说?

7、Crying wolf: To ask for help when you don't need it.

虚张声势的人:在你不需要的时候寻求帮助。

You have cried wolf so many times that no one believes you when you're really hurt.

你虚张声势了很多次,当你真的受伤的时候,没有人相信你。

8、Cut someone some slack: To not judge someone too harshly.

让某人松懈:不要过于严厉地评判某人。

Hey. Cut me some slack. I was really busy with my frog hunting business last week and forgot to call. I'm sorry!

嘿。让我放松一下。上周我真的很忙我的猎蛙生意,忘了打电话。我很抱歉!

9、Down for the count: Tired; giving up; unable or unwilling to participate any longer.

倒下:累了;放弃了;不能或不愿再参加。

No, you can’t take my dog for a walk—she’s down for the count after chasing cats all day.

不,你不能带我的狗去散步。她整天追猫,现在已经倒下。

10、Draw the line: To stop; to know the point where something goes from okay to not okay.

划清界限:停下来;知道某物从好到不好的位置。

Now I draw the line at speaking in front of 34,000 people.

现在我在3.4万人面前发言时划清界限。

11、Easier said than done: Not as easy as it appears to be.

说起来容易做起来难:不像看上去那么容易。

You want me to come to work at 6:00 AM? Easier said than done!

你要我早上6点来上班吗?说起来容易做起来难!

12、Every cloud has a silver lining: You can find good in every bad situation.

乌云背后就是阳光:你可以在每一个糟糕的情况下找到好的一面。

Even though you just got fired, remember that every cloud has a silver lining—at least you don’t have to work for that grouchy boss anymore!

即使你刚被炒鱿鱼,记住乌云背后就是阳光,至少你不必再为那个脾气暴躁的老板工作了!

13、Finding a needle in a haystack: Virtually impossible to find.

大海捞针:几乎找不到。

Trying to get a new job these days is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

这些天想找一份新工作就像大海捞针。

14、Fish out of water: To be out of place.

格格不入:出其不意。

Tom felt like a fish out of water at the Star Trek convention his new girlfriend begged him to attend.

汤姆在《星际迷航》大会上感到格格不入,他的新女友求他参加。

15、Get something off your chest: To talk about something that has been bothering you for a long time; to admit something you have done wrong.

敞开心扉,发泄情绪:谈论困扰你很久的事情;承认你做错了什么。

I have to get this off my chest—I copied your answers on the SAT. Thanks for the 15th percentile score, by the way.

我得对你坦白——我在SAT上抄了你的答案。顺便说一下,谢谢你的15%的分数。

16、Give it a whirl: To try something.

试一试:尝试一些东西。

I’ve never gone kite-boarding, but I’m prepared to give it a whirl!

我从来没有放过风筝,但我准备试试看!

17、Go down in flames: To fail suddenly and spectacularly.

毁于一旦:突然而壮观地失败。

The football player's career went down in flames after the media learned he'd been losing on purpose to settle gambling debts.

这名足球运动员的职业生涯在媒体得知他故意输掉赌债后毁于一旦。

18、Go the extra mile: To make an extra effort.

加把劲儿:做点额外的努力。

My dentist always goes the extra mile, offering free back massages at the end of a stressful tooth extraction.

我的牙医总是额外的工作,在紧张的拔牙结束后提供免费的背部按摩。

19、Hang in there: Be patient. Wait it out.

坚持住:耐心点。等等。

I know you're struggling right now in school but just hang in there. It'll get easier. I promise.

我知道你现在在学校里很挣扎,但坚持住。会更容易的。我保证。

20、In the fast lane: A life filled with excitement.

有挑战性的:充满兴奋的生活。

When Curtis turned forty, he decided he needed to live life in the fast lane, so he quit his job as a dentist and decided to tour Europe by motorcycle.

当柯蒂斯四十岁的时候,他决定要在过有挑战性的生活,于是他辞去了牙医的工作,决定骑摩托车去欧洲旅行。

21、In the nick of time: Almost too late.

在关键时刻:几乎太晚了。

You gave me that main idea help in the nick of time—my teacher just gave us a quiz on that reading skill and I passed it!

你在我的老师刚刚给我们一个关于阅读技巧的测验的时候给了我这个主要的帮助,我通过了!

22、Let the cat out of the bag: Tell a secret.

泄露一个秘密:告诉你一个秘密。

Brady’s surprise party is going to be great if you don’t let the cat out of the bag.

Brady的惊喜派对会很伟大如果你不把猫放在袋子里。

23、Let the chips fall where they may: To let something happen, no matter if it's good or bad.

不计后果:让事情发生,不管是好是坏。

Look. I'm going to just try out for the cheerleading squad and let the chips fall where they may.

看。我只想参加拉拉队的选拔,无论后果怎样。

24、Lose your marbles: To go crazy; insane.

发疯:疯狂;疯狂。

Mom has really lost her marbles, she's making me practice writing the ACT Essay seven times this week!

妈妈真的疯了,她让我这个星期练习写七次动作短文!

25、Once in a blue moon: Rarely.

千载难逢:很少。

In Florida, the temperature drops below freezing only once in a blue moon.

在佛罗里达州,蓝月的气温只有一次降到冰点以下。

26、Plain as day: Obvious; clear.

显而易见的:明显的;清晰的。

It’s plain as day that you’re in love with her, so just admit it.

很明显你爱上了她,所以承认吧。

27、Play second fiddle: To be less important.

处于次要位置:不那么重要。

I hate playing second fiddle to my sister; she always does things better than I do!

我讨厌给我妹妹当陪衬;她总是比我做得更好!

28、Put your foot in your mouth: Saying something you shouldn’t have.

乱说错话:说一些你不该说的话。

Jessica really put her foot in her mouth when she asked about John’s job right after he lost it.

当杰西卡在约翰失业后问起他的工作时,她真的很生气。

29、Pull yourself together: Calm down and behave normally.

振作起来:冷静下来,举止正常。

Pull yourself together, man! Sure, your girlfriend just dumped you and then you got hit by a car, but you can't let those things get you down.

振作起来,伙计!当然,你女朋友刚刚甩了你,然后你被一辆车撞了,但你不能让这些事情让你失望。

30、Sick and tired: To be bothered or annoyed by.

完全厌倦的:被打扰或烦恼。

She is sick and tired of her dog chewing up her shoes every day.

她厌倦了她的狗每天咬她的鞋子。

31、Sleep on it: To think about something for a while before making a decision.

好好想想:在做决定之前先想一想。

Don’t tell me whether you’ll move to Texas with me or not today. Sleep on it, and get back to me tomorrow.

别告诉我你今天是否会和我一起搬到德克萨斯州。好好考虑,明天再来找我。

32、Snug as a bug in a rug: Warm and cozy; content.

温暖舒适;满足。

That baby looks as snug as a bug in a rug cuddled up next to his mother.

那个婴儿看起来像背上的虫子一样舒适,蜷缩在他妈妈旁边。

33、Step up your game: To start performing better.

有更好的表现:开始表现更好。

Listen, Jen. You'd better step up your game if you want to get all A's in Miss Finch's Physics class. She isn't easy!

听着,珍。如果你想在芬奇小姐的物理课上获得所有的A,你最好加把劲。她不容易!

34、Stick your nose into something: To interfere.

对周围事物感兴趣:干涉。

Sharon always sticks her nose into everyone else’s business.

莎伦总是对别人的事不闻不问。

35、Straight from the horse’s mouth: Directly from the person involved.

直截了当:直接从参与的人。

Listen to the news straight from the horse’s mouth; we’re all getting bonuses this week!

直截了当地听新闻;我们这周都有奖金!

36、Take it easy: Relax.

放轻松:放松。

I know you’re not feeling well, so try to take it easy today.

我知道你不舒服,所以今天尽量放松。

37、Tip of the iceberg: The small easily visible part of a larger problem.

冰山一角:一个大问题中很容易看到的小部分。

The fact that Carrie is dating a member of the mafia is just the tip of the iceberg; she’s also smuggling contraband into the country.

嘉莉和黑手党成员约会的事实只是冰山一角;她也在向这个国家走私违禁品。

38、To not see the wood for the trees: To be so involved with the details that you don’t get the most important facts.

一叶障目,不见泰山:对细节如此投入,以至于你得不到最重要的事实。

She always argues about the silliest things; it’s like she can’t see the wood for the trees.

她总是争论最愚蠢的事情;就像她看不见树木的树木。

39、Up a creek without a paddle: In an unlucky/bad situation.

有麻烦:处于不幸/糟糕的情况下。

If you don’t have any money to pay for the repairs we just made to your car, I guess you’re up a creek without a paddle because you can’t have your car back.

如果你没有钱来支付我们刚刚对你的车所做的修理,我想你是在一个没有桨的小河上,因为你不能把车还回来。

40、You rock!: You are great.

你太棒了!你太棒了。

Dude. You rock. Thanks for offering to watch my pet iguana all week.

伙计。你太棒了。感谢你照顾我的宠物鬣蜥一周。

这40个俚语只是英语俚语中的一小部分,继续学习你会有更多发现~

喜欢请多多关注学府翻译哦~

查看全文
大家还看了
也许喜欢
更多游戏

Copyright © 2024 妖气游戏网 www.17u1u.com All Rights Reserved